The actor best known for playing the TV character Gomer Pyle in the 1960s has married his partner of 38 years.
Tag: Weddings (21-30 of 210)
George Lucas and longtime girlfriend Mellody Hobson are engaged, reports The Hollywood Reporter. Hobson, 43, serves as the chairman of DreamWorks Animation, as well as running her own investment firm and contributing to ABC’s Good Morning America. It’s her first marriage, and the second for Lucas, 68.
Last year, Lucas announced his retirement and sold his company to Disney for $4.05 billion.
Rolling Stones strummer Ronnie Wood married theater producer Sally Humphreys in London on Dec. 21, according to the UK’s Sun, which broke the news along with photos of the bride, 34, and groom, 65, in wedding garb. (A rep for Wood has not returned requests for comment.)
Rock legend Rod Stewart served as best man for the ceremony with Paul McCartney in attendance, while bandmates Mick Jagger and Keith Richards were reportedly not present. Wood, who previously played with Faces and The Birds, has been performing and recording with the Stones since 1975 and recently wrapped the group’s “50 & Counting: The Rolling Stones Live” tour.
Good Morning America weather anchor Sam Champion married longtime partner Rubem Robierb on Friday afternoon, People reports. The couple met three years ago and were engaged in October. The GMA team sent well wishes on the air to the couple Friday morning and Robin Roberts, Lara Spencer, and Josh Elliot attended the small ceremony. “This is the legal moment that we wanted to celebrate with friends and family and loved ones,” Champion said, noting that there will be a larger wedding party to follow. Champion’s wedding is among the highest-profile same-sex unions to take place in New York since the state legalized same-sex marriage in July 2011.
Jake LaMotta, the boxer who inspired Martin Scorcese’s 1980 film Raging Bull, will wed for the seventh time on Jan. 4, the New York Post reports.
LaMotta, 90, has been engaged to his fiancée, Denise Baker, 62, for 12 years. The two recently acted together in a stage production called “Lady and the Champ,” which Baker directed.
A new movie based on LaMotta’s life called The Bronx Bull will premiere at the couple’s post-ceremony bash in Bisbee, Ariz. The film was originally called Raging Bull II, until legal action by MGM forced the project to change its name.
When asked about their honeymoon, Baker said, “At Jake’s age, we’ll have to come home and take a nap.”
Donald Faison married his girlfriend Cacee Cobb yesterday, according to People. The ceremony took place at the Los Angeles home of Faison’s Scrubs costar Zach Braff, and Cobb’s friend Jessica Simpson was a bridesmaid. The couple got engaged in August 2011.
Mario Lopez — currently the host of Extra and The X Factor, formerly TV’s A.C. Slater on Saved by the Bell — married his girlfriend, actress Courtney Mazza, in Mexico Saturday. It’s Lopez’ second marriage — his first, to Ali Landry in 2004, was annulled. The event will be featured in a two-hour TLC special, Mario & Courtney’s Wedding Fiesta, on Dec. 8. The couple’s 2-year-old daughter was one of the flower girls; Lopez joked to People that he and Mazza would get to work on expanding their family just after the wedding guests departed.
Actress Evan Rachel Wood, 25, and actor Jamie Bell, 26, got married on Tuesday, People reports, in a small ceremony. The couple first began a relationship in 2005 after shooting the music video for Green Day’s “Wake Me Up When September Ends,” though she was briefly engaged to rocker Marilyn Manson in 2010.
In the midst of celebrations of the Rolling Stones’ 50th anniversary, Ronnie Wood has something else to celebrate: an engagement. The Stones’ guitarist has popped the question to Sally Humphreys, 34, a theater producer. Rolling Stone reported the news.
Wood, 65, was previously married to former model Jo Wood (née Karslake) before the couple divorced last year, following a 2008 split. His first marriage was to Krissy Wood (née Findlay).
Love is in the air for ‘N Sync! On the heels of his former bandmate Justin Timberlake’s Italian nuptials, Chris Kirkpatrick proposed to his girlfriend of two-and-a-half years last weekend in Capri, People reports.
Kirkpatrick told People that the proposal wasn’t pre-meditated. He bought a ring, made an awkward call to girlfriend Karly Skladany’s father to ask for his blessing, and popped the question over a bottle of champagne (the ring was in her glass, of course) in a streak of spontaneity. Well, when in Italy…
- 'Survivor' scouting report: John Rocker's plan if he's recognized?
- Rembrandts are there for 'Friends' fans at N.Y. pop-up Central Perk
- Frankie's 'Big Brother' regret? 'Trusting Caleb. Period.'
- 'Sons of Anarchy'; 'New Girl'; 'Mindy Project'; 'Utopia'; 'Big Brother'; 'DWTS' recaps
- Fall TV 2014: EW critics pick 6 new series to watch
- C-3PO's 'Star Wars' past, present, and future: A deep-dive Q&A with Anthony Daniels
- Julianna Margulies and Jimmy Fallon sing the High School Announcement Hits
- 'Texas Chain Saw Massacre' outtakes unearthed for 40th anniversary collector's set
- No Blood On His Hands 550
- Famed James Bond villain Richard Kiel dies at 74 551
- Discovery to strand Democrat and Republican senators on deserted island 484
- The glimmering crocodile tears of Princess Victoria, First of Her Name 475
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks 416
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- Frankie of 'Big Brother' says he does not regret pushing the Rewind button and wants to marry Zach
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Toil and Till'
- Tom Hiddleston to star in King-Kong spin-off, 'Skull Island'