Plans to shoot The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn in Rio De Janeiro may be scrapped following a gang hostage situation that turned bloody at Rio’s Intercontinental Hotel on Sunday. (Drug gang members took 35 people hostage before participating in a gun battle with police that left one dead and six injured.) AFP reports that while cast and crew are fearful about filming in the area, officials in Rio are attempting to convince them to continue production. Rio is expected to profit up to $1 million if Breaking Dawn shoots in the Brazilian city.
Tag: Twilight (11-20 of 64)
Kellan Lutz — best known as the vampire Emmett Cullen in the Twilight films — has signed on to play the sea god Poseidon in Universal’s upcoming action epic ‘War of the Gods,’ reports Variety. The film’s plot centers on a clash between men, gods, and Titans in ancient Greece. Tarsem Singh (The Fall) will direct, while Henry Cavill, Mickey Rourke, and Freida Pinto round out the cast.
Summit Entertainment, the studio behind the Twilight film series, is set to produce the teen thriller Puzzle Palace, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Palace, which is written by US Weekly editor David Guggenheim, follows a kid who gets locked inside a police station while attempting to steal evidence. The news comes two days after Summit announced the pick-up of another film, The Last Witch Hunter.
- 'Terminator: Genisys': What we saw on the set--and hints on new twists
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' recap: 'Edward Mordrake, Part 2'
- 'Survivor' recap: The price of rice is right?
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst and an exclusive deleted scene
- Spider-Man fans, take a good long look at Marvel's latest Summer '15 teaser
- 'Arrow'; 'Nashville'; 'Top Chef'; 'The 100'; 'Kingdom'; more TV recaps
- 'South Park' react: Attack of the drones
- 17 creepiest TV shows