Tag: Taylor Swift (1-2 of 2)
Taylor Swift didn’t know that her lucky number was going to be such trouble. The Grammy winner is being sued by Orange County clothing company Lucky 13 for trademark infringement, according to E!. The company alleges the singer used its federally registered trademarks (a.k.a, the phrase “Lucky 13″) without authorization.
According to the court documents in the report, Lucky 13 owner Robert Kloetzly said his company, which was founded in 1991, has tried to contact Swift and her camp on multiple occasions in advance of the lawsuit and cited that Swift is confusing the marketplace because they have similar target demographics. Not sure if Kloetzly actually knows who Swift’s main audience is, though, as he describes the “Red” artist as a tatted up singer who likes “fast cars and dangerous men who drive them inappropriately”. He claims Swift’s music video for “I Knew You Were Trouble” could easily be mistaken as an ad for Lucky 13 because it “depicts stylish, attractive, tattooed individuals in provocative situations.”
Kloetzly is seeking all the profits that Swift has made or the damages to his company, whichever is more, and for Swift’s online store to be shut down.
- 'Ant-Man' Comic-Con poster: First Look
- 'Suits': Rick Hoffman talks Louis' dangerous moves
- Comic-Con 2014: Doc Jensen's picks
- 'Arrow' First Look: Colton Haynes as Arsenal
- Comic-Con '14: 8 buzzworthy TV panels
- Comic-Con '14: 10 hot movies in San Diego
- 'Once Upon a Time': 'Storybrooke has frozen over'
- Comic-Con '14: Spotlight on comics/videogames
Top 5 Most Read
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man 4': 'Why give up the belt?'
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Every 'The Simpsons' episode is going online
- See Carol, Judith, and Rick of 'The Walking Dead' in new season 5 images
- See Colton Haynes as Arsenal in 'Arrow' season 3