Tag: Taylor Swift (1-2 of 2)
Taylor Swift didn’t know that her lucky number was going to be such trouble. The Grammy winner is being sued by Orange County clothing company Lucky 13 for trademark infringement, according to E!. The company alleges the singer used its federally registered trademarks (a.k.a, the phrase “Lucky 13″) without authorization.
According to the court documents in the report, Lucky 13 owner Robert Kloetzly said his company, which was founded in 1991, has tried to contact Swift and her camp on multiple occasions in advance of the lawsuit and cited that Swift is confusing the marketplace because they have similar target demographics. Not sure if Kloetzly actually knows who Swift’s main audience is, though, as he describes the “Red” artist as a tatted up singer who likes “fast cars and dangerous men who drive them inappropriately”. He claims Swift’s music video for “I Knew You Were Trouble” could easily be mistaken as an ad for Lucky 13 because it “depicts stylish, attractive, tattooed individuals in provocative situations.”
Kloetzly is seeking all the profits that Swift has made or the damages to his company, whichever is more, and for Swift’s online store to be shut down.
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' recap: 'It's Like a Booze Cruise With Knowledge'
- 'Bachelor' recap: Like a camping virgin
- TV pilots now in the works for fall 2015--do you spot any winners?
- Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo comedy among 4 new ABC pilots
- NBC pilot orders for Monica Potter comedy, 'Sharing' from Jimmy Fallon
- 'Jane the Virgin'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; 'The Originals'; 'Gotham'; more TV recaps
- 'Secretary' re-release trailer/poster: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' roots are showing
- SAG and Producers Guild shake up Oscar odds in Best Picture, Best Actor races