Tag: Taylor Swift (1-2 of 2)
Taylor Swift didn’t know that her lucky number was going to be such trouble. The Grammy winner is being sued by Orange County clothing company Lucky 13 for trademark infringement, according to E!. The company alleges the singer used its federally registered trademarks (a.k.a, the phrase “Lucky 13″) without authorization.
According to the court documents in the report, Lucky 13 owner Robert Kloetzly said his company, which was founded in 1991, has tried to contact Swift and her camp on multiple occasions in advance of the lawsuit and cited that Swift is confusing the marketplace because they have similar target demographics. Not sure if Kloetzly actually knows who Swift’s main audience is, though, as he describes the “Red” artist as a tatted up singer who likes “fast cars and dangerous men who drive them inappropriately”. He claims Swift’s music video for “I Knew You Were Trouble” could easily be mistaken as an ad for Lucky 13 because it “depicts stylish, attractive, tattooed individuals in provocative situations.”
Kloetzly is seeking all the profits that Swift has made or the damages to his company, whichever is more, and for Swift’s online store to be shut down.
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' teaser poster revealed
- 'Into the Woods' featurette: Go behind the scenes with Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, and Co.
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Marvel adds a new piece to its teaser art puzzle: 'Inhumans: Attilan Rising'
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the cover art for new Selection novel
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' First Look: Watch Annalise confront Sam
- 'Revenge' sneak peek: Tattoo guy makes David Clarke a marked man
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Game of Thrones' season 5 rumors debunked
- This week's cover: 'Into the Woods' enchants EW's holiday movie preview
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer is here: What we learned
- Zach Galifianakis gets a little too real with Brad Pitt on 'Between Two Ferns'
- WIll Smith bringing 'Hitch' comedy series to Fox