Gilbert Taylor, the veteran British cinematographer who shot Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb and Star Wars, died Friday at his home on the British Isles at the age of 99, according an interview his wife Dee gave to the BBC.
Tag: Star Wars (1-4 of 4)
Star Wars creator George Lucas, 69, married Mellody Hobson, 44, on Saturday night in Marin County, Calif., the same town where Skywalker Ranch is located, People reports. The couple has been dating since 2006.
Guest Samuel L. Jackson tweeted “Let’s give a Galactic shout out to Master George Lucas & his Bride Melodie on This their WEDDING DAY! Congrats!”
Hobson is the head of the investment management firm Ariel Investments, as well as a contributor to ABC News and Chairman of the Board at Dream Works Animation SKG Inc.
George Lucas has not spoken to J.J. Abrams about the next ‘Star Wars’
George Lucas says that Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, and Harrison Ford are definitely in the next ‘Star Wars’ movie, maybe
George Lucas’ next act? Opening an art museum
Stuart Freeborn, a pioneering movie makeup artist behind creatures such as Yoda and Chewbacca in the “Star Wars” films, has died. He was 98.
LucasFilm confirmed Wednesday that Freeborn had passed away, “leaving a legacy of unforgettable contributions.”
“Star Wars” director George Lucas said in a statement that Freeborn was “already a makeup legend” when he started working on “Star Wars.”
“He brought with him not only decades of experience, but boundless creative energy,” Lucas said. “His artistry and craftsmanship will live on forever in the characters he created. His “Star Wars” creatures may be reinterpreted in new forms by new generations, but at their heart, they continue to be what Stuart created for the original films.”
READ FULL STORY
Max Page, who played Darth Vader in Volkswagen’s adorable Super Bowl commercial, is recovering after undergoing open-heart surgery Thursday, People reports. The 7-year-old, who has appeared on The Young and the Restless, was born with a congenital heart defect and has had several operations in his young life. Dr. Vaughn Starnes, the cardiothoracic surgeon who replaced Page’s pulmonary valve, said in a statement that the surgery went “very well” and that “Max is in the cardiac ICU and recovering very well.”
Page’s mother, Jennifer, also said in a statement that her son was unafraid going into the two-hour operation — he just wanted to hold his brother’s hand. Page is expected to stay at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles for the next 3-4 days.
- 'Survivor' recap: Fit to be tied
- 'American Horror Story' recap: 'The Sacred Taking'
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: Let's think this through
- 'Veronica Mars' out 3/14/14 -- and we have a clip!
- 'Sherlock' season 3: 10 new photos
- 'Arrow' react: 'The Scientist'
- Sundance: What's playing in 2014
- Danny Wells, Luigi of 'Mario Bros.,' dies
- Lady Gaga Muppet special a ratings turkey 1427
- Gunfight at the Not Okay Corral 687
- 'The Walking Dead' midseason finale: 'Too Far Gone' spoilers 443
- ‘Fast and Furious’ actor Paul Walker dead after car crash 395
- '12 Years a Slave': The emotional reactions that make director Steve McQueen thankful -- Q&A 370