Gilbert Taylor, the veteran British cinematographer who shot Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb and Star Wars, died Friday at his home on the British Isles at the age of 99, according an interview his wife Dee gave to the BBC.
Tag: Star Wars (1-4 of 4)
Star Wars creator George Lucas, 69, married Mellody Hobson, 44, on Saturday night in Marin County, Calif., the same town where Skywalker Ranch is located, People reports. The couple has been dating since 2006.
Guest Samuel L. Jackson tweeted “Let’s give a Galactic shout out to Master George Lucas & his Bride Melodie on This their WEDDING DAY! Congrats!”
Hobson is the head of the investment management firm Ariel Investments, as well as a contributor to ABC News and Chairman of the Board at Dream Works Animation SKG Inc.
George Lucas has not spoken to J.J. Abrams about the next ‘Star Wars’
George Lucas says that Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, and Harrison Ford are definitely in the next ‘Star Wars’ movie, maybe
George Lucas’ next act? Opening an art museum
Stuart Freeborn, a pioneering movie makeup artist behind creatures such as Yoda and Chewbacca in the “Star Wars” films, has died. He was 98.
LucasFilm confirmed Wednesday that Freeborn had passed away, “leaving a legacy of unforgettable contributions.”
“Star Wars” director George Lucas said in a statement that Freeborn was “already a makeup legend” when he started working on “Star Wars.”
“He brought with him not only decades of experience, but boundless creative energy,” Lucas said. “His artistry and craftsmanship will live on forever in the characters he created. His “Star Wars” creatures may be reinterpreted in new forms by new generations, but at their heart, they continue to be what Stuart created for the original films.”
READ FULL STORY
Max Page, who played Darth Vader in Volkswagen’s adorable Super Bowl commercial, is recovering after undergoing open-heart surgery Thursday, People reports. The 7-year-old, who has appeared on The Young and the Restless, was born with a congenital heart defect and has had several operations in his young life. Dr. Vaughn Starnes, the cardiothoracic surgeon who replaced Page’s pulmonary valve, said in a statement that the surgery went “very well” and that “Max is in the cardiac ICU and recovering very well.”
Page’s mother, Jennifer, also said in a statement that her son was unafraid going into the two-hour operation — he just wanted to hold his brother’s hand. Page is expected to stay at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles for the next 3-4 days.
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' quiz: Test your smarts
- 'Homeland' casts Broadway star Victoria Clark in big surprise role
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- 'Mockingjay': Hear Jennifer Lawrence sing 'The Hanging Tree'
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- 'Amazing Race'; 'Constantine'; more TV recaps
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss talks THAT killer twist
- Britney Spears, Gwyneth Paltrow accept Jimmy Kimmel's invite to read Mean Tweets
Top 5 Most Read
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Natalie Dormer advocates for more male nudity on 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Mockingjay -- Part 1': The 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- 'Sons of Anarchy' star Jimmy Smits talks Nero's heartbreaking scenes
- Hear Jennifer Lawrence sing 'The Hanging Tree' in 'Mockingjay'