Tom Stoppard’s Arcadia, which played on Broadway in 1995, will return in spring 2011 in a new production directed by David Leveaux. The revival, which had a sold-out run in London, features an ensemble cast that includes Margaret Colin (The CW’s Gossip Girl), Raúl Esparza (Speed-the-Plow), and Billy Crudup. Crudup actually starred in the 1995 production of Arcadia, albeit in a different role: He played Septimus Hodge then, and will play Bernard Nightingale now. The plot of Arcadia crosscuts between a Derbyshire home in 1809 and a modern-day academic setting. The new production will begin previews on February 25 at the Ethel Barrymore Theatre, and will premiere on March 17.
Tag: Stage (61-70 of 253)
There might be trouble on the set of Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, but one Broadway show is seeing plenty of success. The producers of Driving Miss Daisy announced via press release that the play has recouped its $2.6 million investment in just a little over nine weeks. (It is the first Broadway show of the 2010-11 season to fully recoup.) Miss Daisy — which stars James Earl Jones, Vanessa Redgrave, and Boyd Gaines — also recently announced it is extending its run through April 9, 2011.
Dick Van Dyke’s upcoming one-man autobiographical show, Dick Van Dyke – Step in Time! – A Musical Memoir will not open this winter as planned, due to an achilles injury to the 85-year-old Tony-winner. The Geffen Playhouse in Los Angeles announced the news last night, one week before the show was to open. In a statement, Van Dyke said, “Unfortunately, this injury is forcing me to be off my feet for a while. Perhaps there will be an opportunity to revisit this sometime in the future, but in the meantime, I thank everyone for their understanding and support.”
- 'Star Wars' trailer geek out: Secrets stuffed into those 88 seconds?
- 'Star Wars': 7 most important things we learned from first trailer
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' trailer is here
- 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Agents of SHIELD,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Real World' alum Ryan Knight dies at 29
- Angelina Jolie's 'Unbroken' promise to tell Louis Zamperini's story: 'His life is so big'
- 'Once Upon a Time' preview: Storybrooke braces for the Spell of Shattered Sight
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops