John Cossette, who produced many Grammy Awards and BET Awards telecasts over the last two decades, has passed away, his family announced today. He was 54. “We ask that you please respect our privacy during this incredibly emotional time,” Cossette’s wife Rita and daughters Maria and Rose said in their statement. “We appreciate everyone’s love and support.” Cossette also oversaw the re-opening of Radio City Music Hall, and is one of the producers of the current Broadway musical Million Dollar Quartet.
Tag: Stage (31-40 of 250)
The makers of Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark were fined $12,600 today for workplace safety violations issued by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration, reports the Associated Press. The show, which has dealt with multiple cast injuries, is charged with putting its performers in danger of “the hazards of falls or being struck during flying routines.” Last month, the New York State Department of Labor issued two safety violations to the $65 million production.
Julie Taymor breaks silence on ‘Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark’
‘Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark’ cast performs on Letterman
‘South Park’ creators: ‘Spider-Man’ musical ‘sucks’ — EXCLUSIVE
‘Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark’ seeking focus group feedback — EXCLUSIVE
‘Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark’: Which review is the harshest?
Grosses for Broadway’s Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark went up 3 percent last week despite pans from news outlets like The New York Times and Variety, according to data posted on Broadway World. The show, which is still in previews until March 15, grossed $1.3 million during the week ending Feb. 13, putting it just behind box office champ Wicked at $1.4 million. This was the first week of sales after Spider-Man was hit with scathing reviews in several major publications on Feb. 7. Yesterday, the New York State Department of Labor issued two safety violations for the troubled musical, which has seen four of its performers injured since rehearsals began late last year.
‘Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark’ producer blasts critics — EXCLUSIVE
‘Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark’ actress says ‘major changes’ are under way — EXCLUSIVE
Glenn Beck passionately reviews Broadway’s ‘Spider-Man’: ‘This is better than Wicked!’
‘Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark’: The first (unofficial) reviews are in
- 'Orphan Black': Tatiana Maslany 'high octane' promise
- Gwen Stefani + 'The Voice'? Sound good to you?
- Clones! Doppelgangers! Twins! 23 movie/TV multiples
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?
- Record Store Day: Droolworthy discs
- 'Office' series finale: Handled with Carell
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Lost' exec producer Carlton Cuse looks back at plotting the finale -- and picks TV's best goodbye
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…