There’s a new princess in the Queen of Nice’s castle. Rosie O’Donnell and wife Michelle Rounds welcomed adopted daughter Dakota today, according to People. The comedian also announced Dakota’s arrival on Twitter, adding a link to an Instagram shot of the baby with both of her mothers. Dakota joins a family that already includes O’Donnell’s five children aged 10 to 17 with ex-partner Kelli Carpenter.
Tag: Rosie O'Donnell (1-3 of 3)
Rosie O’Donnell is married, People reports. She wed girlfriend Michelle Rounds June 9 — prior to her heart attack last week — but is only going public with the news now. The couple announced their engagement in December 2011, and moved up wedding plans after Rounds was diagnosed with desmoid tumors, a rare disease that only affects three out of every million individuals.
O’Donnell’s rep told People, “They got married but they haven’t had the wedding celebration.”
On her blog, O’Donnell wrote, “We married in private before [Michelle's] surgery, just the [two] of us, When we r both well enough will have the wedding of r dreams surrounded by those we cherish. Thankful for the love and support so many have given us during these trying times, Including all of u stranger-friends connected thru invisible strands of wi fi.”
O’Donnell was previously married to Kelli Carpenter from 2004-2007.
According to a new post on her blog, Rosie O’Donnell is “happy to be alive” after suffering a heart attack last week. In the post, the comedian explains that on Tuesday, she helped lift a woman who was “struggling to get out of her car.” Later, O’Donnell began to feel a variety of muscle aches, as well as nausea and clamminess. She Googled “womens heart attack symptoms,” but did not believe she was going into cardiac arrest even though her symptoms matched what she found online. Then O’Donnell took some aspirin: “thank god / saved by a tv commercial / literally,” she writes in her signature free verse.
The next day, O’Donnell saw a cardiologist and learned that she had, in fact, suffered a heart attack. “She is now home and resting comfortably,” her rep Cindi Berger told People today. “She is very, very lucky.”
- 'The Voice' recap: Sleepy semifinal
- 15 blasts from the past in '13: Winners/losers
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' baroness, dies
- 'Community' season 5: First trailer is here!
- 'Fifty Shades' pic: Anastasia kisses Christian
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' role for Callum Keith Rennie
- 'Mentalist': A (SPOILER!) for Lisbon?
- Britney's 'Chaotic' revisited: 5 cringeworthy clips
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Community': Check out the first trailer for season 5 -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- AFI movies of the year: 'Her' and '12 Years a Slave' in; 'August: Osage County' out
- 15 Blasts From the Past in '13: Winners/Losers
- 'The Voice' recap: Green Eggs and Adam
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Check out the sickening season 6 supertease and meet the queens -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO