Rosie O’Donnell is getting a Tony Award. The award’s administration committee said Tuesday that the former talk show host will get the 2014 Isabelle Stevenson Award, an honorary prize given to members of the theater community for their philanthropic efforts. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Rosie O'Donnell (1-4 of 4)
There’s a new princess in the Queen of Nice’s castle. Rosie O’Donnell and wife Michelle Rounds welcomed adopted daughter Dakota today, according to People. The comedian also announced Dakota’s arrival on Twitter, adding a link to an Instagram shot of the baby with both of her mothers. Dakota joins a family that already includes O’Donnell’s five children aged 10 to 17 with ex-partner Kelli Carpenter.
Rosie O’Donnell is married, People reports. She wed girlfriend Michelle Rounds June 9 — prior to her heart attack last week — but is only going public with the news now. The couple announced their engagement in December 2011, and moved up wedding plans after Rounds was diagnosed with desmoid tumors, a rare disease that only affects three out of every million individuals.
O’Donnell’s rep told People, “They got married but they haven’t had the wedding celebration.”
On her blog, O’Donnell wrote, “We married in private before [Michelle's] surgery, just the [two] of us, When we r both well enough will have the wedding of r dreams surrounded by those we cherish. Thankful for the love and support so many have given us during these trying times, Including all of u stranger-friends connected thru invisible strands of wi fi.”
O’Donnell was previously married to Kelli Carpenter from 2004-2007.
According to a new post on her blog, Rosie O’Donnell is “happy to be alive” after suffering a heart attack last week. In the post, the comedian explains that on Tuesday, she helped lift a woman who was “struggling to get out of her car.” Later, O’Donnell began to feel a variety of muscle aches, as well as nausea and clamminess. She Googled “womens heart attack symptoms,” but did not believe she was going into cardiac arrest even though her symptoms matched what she found online. Then O’Donnell took some aspirin: “thank god / saved by a tv commercial / literally,” she writes in her signature free verse.
The next day, O’Donnell saw a cardiologist and learned that she had, in fact, suffered a heart attack. “She is now home and resting comfortably,” her rep Cindi Berger told People today. “She is very, very lucky.”
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- Jennifer Lawrence and others' nude pics hacked?
- 'Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story': 100 things that happened (maybe?)
- 'Bachelor in Paradise'; 'Under the Dome' recaps
- 'Houdini' react: Spymaster of illusion?
- 'Falling Skies' boss answers burning Q's about season 4 finale
- 20 best (and 10 worst) movie theme songs
- 14 worst jobs, as seen at the movies
Top 5 Most Read
- Internet grinds to halt as nude pics of Jennifer Lawrence, others surface
- 100 things that apparently happened, as told by 'The Unauthorized Saved…
- 'Houdini' is pure biopic cheese... and occasionally a campy delight
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- 'Falling Skies' season 4 finale: Showrunner David Eick answers your burning questions