This is Jackson’s first child and Jagger’s first great-grandchild. Having a great-grandchild isn’t going to slow Jagger down, though — he’s set to resume the 14 on Fire tour with the rest of the Stones on May 26 in Oslo.
Tag: Mick Jagger (1-7 of 7)
Family and friends gathered at St. Bartholomew’s Church in Manhattan on Friday to honor fashion designer L’Wren Scott, who committed suicide in March.
The celebrity-filled memorial included Scott’s longtime partner, Mick Jagger, singing Bob Dylan’s “Just Like a Woman,” reports The Associated Press. Jagger also spoke at the ceremony, as did Scott’s brother, Randy Bambrough, and friends Sarah Jessica Parker, Ellen Barkin, and former Vogue editor Andre Leon Talley.
Poems were shared by family members; Jagger’s grandchildren read Psalm 23. Lisa Fischer, a backup singer who has toured with the Rolling Stones for years, sang “Amazing Grace.”
Other celebrities in attendance included Vogue editor Anna Wintour, Julianne Moore, Olivia Munn, Meg Ryan, Renee Zellweger, Martin Scorsese, Baz Luhrmann, and Vanity Fair editor Graydon Carter. READ FULL STORY
L’Wren Scott has left her entire estate to longtime boyfriend and Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger.
The Daily News says papers filed in Manhattan’s Surrogate’s Court on Wednesday estimated the value of the 49-year-old designer’s personal estate at $9 million.
The filing said Scott’s main asset was her Manhattan condo worth approximately $8 million. Other items included her jewelry, clothing, household furnishings and personal automobiles.
A small and private funeral service was held for Scott in Los Angeles on Tuesday.
Scott committed suicide on March 17 in New York.
The death of fashion designer L’Wren Scott, the longtime girlfriend of Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger, has been ruled a suicide, the New York City medical examiner’s office said Wednesday.
An autopsy completed on the body of 49-year-old Scott found that she died of hanging, according to Julie Bolcer, a spokeswoman for the city medical examiner.
Scott was found dead in her Manhattan apartment Monday morning. Police said her assistant found her kneeling with a scarf wrapped around her neck that had been tied to the handle of a French door. There was no note.
The Stones canceled their seven-date tour of Australia and New Zealand in the wake of Scott’s death. Jagger called Scott his “lover and best friend” in a Facebook tribute and said he was struggling to come to grips with her death.
Members of the Rolling Stones are offering support to Mick Jagger following the death of his girlfriend L’Wren Scott.
The Stones canceled their seven-date tour of Australia and New Zealand following the fashion designer and celebrity stylist’s apparent suicide in New York City on Monday.
Keith Richards said in a statement Wednesday that “no one saw this coming” and that Jagger has “always been my soul brother and we love him.”
“We’re thick as thieves and we’re all feeling for the man,” he added.
Charlie Watts said the band’s priority is the 70-year-old Jagger. READ FULL STORY
One day after designer L’Wren Scott was found dead of an apparent suicide in her New York City apartment, the celebrity favorite’s longtime boyfriend, Mick Jagger, has responded to the tragedy via a posting on his official Facebook page.
“I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way,” the Rolling Stones frontman wrote in a post published midday Tuesday. “We spent many wonderful years together and had made a great life for ourselves.” Jagger and Scott had been a couple since 2001.
“She had great presence and her talent was much admired, not least by me,” Jagger continued.
Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger is set to become a great-grandfather early next year.
His daughter Jade told The Sunday Times that her 21-year-old daughter, Assisi, expects to give birth in several months.
She tells the newspaper she does not expect Jagger to slow down now that he’s set to become a great-grandfather. The ever-popular Stones plan to tour Australia next year.
Assisi tells Hello! magazine that Jagger was pleased when she told him the news.
She tells the magazine, “He said, ‘Well done.'”
She says, “I imagine it’s nice to be a great-granddad, although I’m not sure he likes the idea of getting old, or being called one. I call him Mick — I wouldn’t start calling him grandpa.”
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Toil and Till'
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Tommy Flanagan, Theo Rossi talk 'Toil and Till'
- Fall TV 2014: EW critics pick 6 new series to watch
- 'Mindy Project'; 'New Girl'; 'Big Brother'; 'Dancing With the Stars': Tuesday TV recaps
- C-3PO's 'Star Wars' past, present, and future: A deep-dive Q&A with Anthony Daniels
- Fantastic Fest 2014: 22 wonderfully weird films in Austin
- 'Breaking Bad': 'Ozymandias' writer and director look back at milestone episode
- 'Revenge' season 4 trailer: 'Emily Thorne, I'm coming for you'
- Famed James Bond villain Richard Kiel dies at 74 539
- Discovery to strand Democrat and Republican senators on deserted island 481
- The glimmering crocodile tears of Princess Victoria, First of Her Name 475
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks 375
- No Blood On His Hands 331
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- Tom Hiddleston to star in King-Kong spin-off, 'Skull Island'
- 'Revenge' first look: Watch the trailer for season 4
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: No second chance for a second dance