This is Jackson’s first child and Jagger’s first great-grandchild. Having a great-grandchild isn’t going to slow Jagger down, though — he’s set to resume the 14 on Fire tour with the rest of the Stones on May 26 in Oslo.
Tag: Mick Jagger (1-7 of 7)
Family and friends gathered at St. Bartholomew’s Church in Manhattan on Friday to honor fashion designer L’Wren Scott, who committed suicide in March.
The celebrity-filled memorial included Scott’s longtime partner, Mick Jagger, singing Bob Dylan’s “Just Like a Woman,” reports The Associated Press. Jagger also spoke at the ceremony, as did Scott’s brother, Randy Bambrough, and friends Sarah Jessica Parker, Ellen Barkin, and former Vogue editor Andre Leon Talley.
Poems were shared by family members; Jagger’s grandchildren read Psalm 23. Lisa Fischer, a backup singer who has toured with the Rolling Stones for years, sang “Amazing Grace.”
Other celebrities in attendance included Vogue editor Anna Wintour, Julianne Moore, Olivia Munn, Meg Ryan, Renee Zellweger, Martin Scorsese, Baz Luhrmann, and Vanity Fair editor Graydon Carter. READ FULL STORY
L’Wren Scott has left her entire estate to longtime boyfriend and Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger.
The Daily News says papers filed in Manhattan’s Surrogate’s Court on Wednesday estimated the value of the 49-year-old designer’s personal estate at $9 million.
The filing said Scott’s main asset was her Manhattan condo worth approximately $8 million. Other items included her jewelry, clothing, household furnishings and personal automobiles.
A small and private funeral service was held for Scott in Los Angeles on Tuesday.
Scott committed suicide on March 17 in New York.
The death of fashion designer L’Wren Scott, the longtime girlfriend of Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger, has been ruled a suicide, the New York City medical examiner’s office said Wednesday.
An autopsy completed on the body of 49-year-old Scott found that she died of hanging, according to Julie Bolcer, a spokeswoman for the city medical examiner.
Scott was found dead in her Manhattan apartment Monday morning. Police said her assistant found her kneeling with a scarf wrapped around her neck that had been tied to the handle of a French door. There was no note.
The Stones canceled their seven-date tour of Australia and New Zealand in the wake of Scott’s death. Jagger called Scott his “lover and best friend” in a Facebook tribute and said he was struggling to come to grips with her death.
Members of the Rolling Stones are offering support to Mick Jagger following the death of his girlfriend L’Wren Scott.
The Stones canceled their seven-date tour of Australia and New Zealand following the fashion designer and celebrity stylist’s apparent suicide in New York City on Monday.
Keith Richards said in a statement Wednesday that “no one saw this coming” and that Jagger has “always been my soul brother and we love him.”
“We’re thick as thieves and we’re all feeling for the man,” he added.
Charlie Watts said the band’s priority is the 70-year-old Jagger. READ FULL STORY
One day after designer L’Wren Scott was found dead of an apparent suicide in her New York City apartment, the celebrity favorite’s longtime boyfriend, Mick Jagger, has responded to the tragedy via a posting on his official Facebook page.
“I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way,” the Rolling Stones frontman wrote in a post published midday Tuesday. “We spent many wonderful years together and had made a great life for ourselves.” Jagger and Scott had been a couple since 2001.
“She had great presence and her talent was much admired, not least by me,” Jagger continued.
Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger is set to become a great-grandfather early next year.
His daughter Jade told The Sunday Times that her 21-year-old daughter, Assisi, expects to give birth in several months.
She tells the newspaper she does not expect Jagger to slow down now that he’s set to become a great-grandfather. The ever-popular Stones plan to tour Australia next year.
Assisi tells Hello! magazine that Jagger was pleased when she told him the news.
She tells the magazine, “He said, ‘Well done.'”
She says, “I imagine it’s nice to be a great-granddad, although I’m not sure he likes the idea of getting old, or being called one. I call him Mick — I wouldn’t start calling him grandpa.”
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- Jon Stewart on 'Rosewater': 'a love letter to expression'
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi gunning for Axons and Cybermen?
- Dick Smith: Remembering a movie makeup effects legend
- 'The Killing': Binging? Read our recaps of episodes 1-4
- 'Big Brother' recap: Evicted houseguest is...
- 'Project Runway' recap: Unconventional movie night
- 'Honorable Woman': Thriller deals deftly with a complex subject
- STAHP in the name of love 966
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 596
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 460
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 376
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
Top 5 Most Read
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Dick Smith, makeup artist of 'The Godfather,' 'The Exorcist': A tribute
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Other DC Comics characters we want on 'Arrow' and 'The Flash'
- New 'Interstellar' trailer shows off film's amazing visuals