Comedian Joan Rivers died on Sept. 4 due to brain damage that was caused by a lack of oxygen after she’d stopped breathing during an endoscopy at Yorkville Endoscopy a few days earlier. Her death was determined to be a therapeutic complication, after which, her doctor, Dr. Lawrence Cohen, stepped down. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Melissa Rivers (1-2 of 2)
Comedy legend Joan Rivers died on Thursday at age 81. Her daughter, Melissa, announced her mother’s passing in a heartfelt statement. “My mother’s greatest joy in life was to make people laugh,” she wrote. “Although that is difficult to do right now, I know her final wish would be that we return to laughing soon.”
Rivers was hospitalized last week after she stopped breathing during throat surgery. Melissa wrote that she died “surrounded by family and close friends.”
Read the statement in full below.
- 'Walking Dead': Daryl, Eugene, and Rosita super-intense in new photos
- 'Ghostbusters' director shows us who he's gonna call
- 'Parenthood': 10 best episodes
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's Anatomy': 'we need an infusion of men'
- 'Arrow' costar Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'lucky, excited, grateful, thrilled'
- GoDaddy pulls Super Bowl ad animal rights activists called 'cruel and irresponsible'
- 'The Flash' boss answers burning Q's: 'We think it makes sense, hopefully you all will too'
- 'The Flash,' 'Supernatural'; 'Pretty Little Liars'; 'Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce'; more TV recaps
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Grey's Anatomy' boss teases new doctors and new relationships
- 'Arrow' star Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'It's messy'
- 'Walking Dead' actor joins 'Criminal Minds' spinoff
- GoDaddy pulls Super Bowl ad after animal rights activists call it 'cruel'
- Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy lead Paul Feig's 'Ghostbusters' reboot