In February, former Friends star Lisa Kudrow was ordered to pay former manager Scott Howard $1.6 million, and now she’s asking for a retrial. This request for a new trial partly results from some communication by a member of the trial’s jury: Steve de Bode, jury foreman, wrote a letter to Kudrow’s lawyer following the trial’s conclusion, writing, “Please pass on my personal apology for the verdict to Lisa Kudrow and let her know that I firmly believe the majority decision was not correct.” In addition to the apology, de Bode also revealed some information about the jury that revealed there was jury misconduct and therefore grounds for a new trial. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Lisa Kudrow (1-2 of 2)
A California jury has ordered Lisa Kudrow to pay her former manager $1.6 million in residuals from her work on Friends.
The Los Angeles County Superior Court jury returned its verdict Tuesday in a lawsuit filed by Scott Howard. He claimed he had an oral agreement with the actress and was owed a percentage of her earnings on the hit NBC sitcom.
Kudrow contended during the trial that she had already paid Howard more than $11 million before they parted ways in 2007.
City News Service says testimony during the trial indicated that Kudrow was earning more than $1 million per episode by the end of the show’s run. Kudrow starred on Friends from 1994 to 2004.
Howard worked with Kudrow for 16 years, beginning in 1991.
- 'Walking Dead' is 'Lord of the Rings'? Rick is Aragorn, Carl is Frodo...
- 'Once Upon a Time': Lana Parrilla and Jennifer Morrison preview SwanQueen episode
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- ’Supernatural,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Newsroom,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Shameless' season 5 trailer hints at plenty of new twists
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- TLC cancels 'Honey Boo Boo'
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- See the first teaser for the final season of 'Justified'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist