In February, former Friends star Lisa Kudrow was ordered to pay former manager Scott Howard $1.6 million, and now she’s asking for a retrial. This request for a new trial partly results from some communication by a member of the trial’s jury: Steve de Bode, jury foreman, wrote a letter to Kudrow’s lawyer following the trial’s conclusion, writing, “Please pass on my personal apology for the verdict to Lisa Kudrow and let her know that I firmly believe the majority decision was not correct.” In addition to the apology, de Bode also revealed some information about the jury that revealed there was jury misconduct and therefore grounds for a new trial. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Lisa Kudrow (1-2 of 2)
A California jury has ordered Lisa Kudrow to pay her former manager $1.6 million in residuals from her work on Friends.
The Los Angeles County Superior Court jury returned its verdict Tuesday in a lawsuit filed by Scott Howard. He claimed he had an oral agreement with the actress and was owed a percentage of her earnings on the hit NBC sitcom.
Kudrow contended during the trial that she had already paid Howard more than $11 million before they parted ways in 2007.
City News Service says testimony during the trial indicated that Kudrow was earning more than $1 million per episode by the end of the show’s run. Kudrow starred on Friends from 1994 to 2004.
Howard worked with Kudrow for 16 years, beginning in 1991.
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- 'Amazing Race' behind-the-scenes pics from Phil Keoghan's season 25 collection
- 'Parenthood,' 'Parks and Rec,' Agent Carter,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 'Daredevil' First Look: New photos from Netflix series
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- 'The Colbert Report' wraps up with an immortal, star-studded finale
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 19 TV Shows We'll Be Checking Out in 2015