Less than two months after they separated, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are officially divorced. A New York judge finalized the ruling yesterday, ending the five-year marriage, reports People. Holmes, who filed divorce papers, is the primary caregiver for the couple’s daughter Suri, 6.
Tag: Katie Holmes (1-4 of 4)
After Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes reached a settlement in their divorce yesterday, rumors swirled with regards to the specifics of the deal.
Many outlets, including People, reported yesterday that the couple’s daughter, Suri, 6, will live primarily with Holmes in New York with generous visitation by Cruise. People cites an anonymous source saying, “They both love their daughter, and Tom thinks she should be with her mother.” Another anonymous source told People, “Neither one of them wanted this to be hashed out in public.”
However, Katie Holmes’ attorney, Jonathan Wolfe, said to People, “There are numerous inaccuracies in the reports regarding the purported contents of the agreement reached between the parties. The agreement is confidential and its terms will not be disclosed.”
“The case has been settled and the agreement has been signed. We are thrilled for Katie and her family and are excited to watch as she embarks on the next chapter of her life,” Holmes’ attorney Jonathan Wolfe said.
Cruise and Holmes also released a joint statement regarding the settlement. “We are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter Suri’s best interests. We want to keep matters affecting our family private and express our respect for each other’s commitment to each of our respective beliefs and support each other’s roles as parents,” reps for Cruise and Holmes told People.
While details were not available, People reports “sources close to both sides say that Cruise, 50, and Holmes, 33, were working on an arrangement in which Suri, 6, lives in New York with her mother and her father is given generous visitation rights.”
Earlier this weekend, it was reported that the two were in settlement talks to avoid divorce court.
After five years of marriage, Tom Cruise, 49, and Katie Holmes, 33, are getting a divorce, People reports. “This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family,” Holmes’ attorney Jonathan Wolfe told People. “Katie’s primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter’s best interest.”
Cruise’s rep told People, “Kate has filed for divorce and Tom is deeply saddened and is concentrating on his three children. Please allow them their privacy.”
The couple have a daughter, Suri, 6. Cruise has two older children from his relationship with Nicole Kidman. Cruise and Holmes married in 2006.
FIRST LOOK: Tom Cruise makes a stand in crime thriller ‘Jack Reacher’ — EXCLUSIVE
M83 set to score upcoming Tom Cruise movie ‘Oblivion’
‘Rock of Ages': Is Tom Cruise’s performance the movie’s only redeeming quality?
- 'SNL' recap: Blake brings a country twang, but too often the sketches go south
- EW's SAG Awards Party 2015: What the stars wore
- 'SNL': 10 best (and 5 worst) host/musical guests
- Johnny Depp after 'Mortdecai'? 5 directors we think can help him find his mojo
- 'Westworld' team on what their secretive show is about: 'the things that keep you up at night'
- WWE Royal Rumbles: Ranking the worst, best, and the G.O.A.T.
- Bill Maher on why 'American Sniper' is a blockbuster while 'Hurt Locker' was not
- SAG Awards 2014 flashback: Remember what the stars wore last year?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Westworld' producers hint HBO's drama has great, freaky potential
- 'SNL': 10 Best (and 5 Worst) Host/Musical Guests
- Blake Shelton takes over 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- 'Big Bang Theory' star's gymnastic sex scene scores a '10' at Sundance
- Bill Maher calls 'American Sniper' Chris Kyle 'a psychopath patriot'