Less than two months after they separated, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are officially divorced. A New York judge finalized the ruling yesterday, ending the five-year marriage, reports People. Holmes, who filed divorce papers, is the primary caregiver for the couple’s daughter Suri, 6.
Tag: Katie Holmes (1-4 of 4)
After Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes reached a settlement in their divorce yesterday, rumors swirled with regards to the specifics of the deal.
Many outlets, including People, reported yesterday that the couple’s daughter, Suri, 6, will live primarily with Holmes in New York with generous visitation by Cruise. People cites an anonymous source saying, “They both love their daughter, and Tom thinks she should be with her mother.” Another anonymous source told People, “Neither one of them wanted this to be hashed out in public.”
However, Katie Holmes’ attorney, Jonathan Wolfe, said to People, “There are numerous inaccuracies in the reports regarding the purported contents of the agreement reached between the parties. The agreement is confidential and its terms will not be disclosed.”
“The case has been settled and the agreement has been signed. We are thrilled for Katie and her family and are excited to watch as she embarks on the next chapter of her life,” Holmes’ attorney Jonathan Wolfe said.
Cruise and Holmes also released a joint statement regarding the settlement. “We are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter Suri’s best interests. We want to keep matters affecting our family private and express our respect for each other’s commitment to each of our respective beliefs and support each other’s roles as parents,” reps for Cruise and Holmes told People.
While details were not available, People reports “sources close to both sides say that Cruise, 50, and Holmes, 33, were working on an arrangement in which Suri, 6, lives in New York with her mother and her father is given generous visitation rights.”
Earlier this weekend, it was reported that the two were in settlement talks to avoid divorce court.
After five years of marriage, Tom Cruise, 49, and Katie Holmes, 33, are getting a divorce, People reports. “This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family,” Holmes’ attorney Jonathan Wolfe told People. “Katie’s primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter’s best interest.”
Cruise’s rep told People, “Kate has filed for divorce and Tom is deeply saddened and is concentrating on his three children. Please allow them their privacy.”
The couple have a daughter, Suri, 6. Cruise has two older children from his relationship with Nicole Kidman. Cruise and Holmes married in 2006.
FIRST LOOK: Tom Cruise makes a stand in crime thriller ‘Jack Reacher’ — EXCLUSIVE
M83 set to score upcoming Tom Cruise movie ‘Oblivion’
‘Rock of Ages’: Is Tom Cruise’s performance the movie’s only redeeming quality?
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': The killer speaks
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- 'Scandal': Kerry Washington and costars on midseason finale shocker
- 'How to Get Away With Murder'; 'Scandal'; 'Grey's Anatomy'; 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Gracepoint'; more TV recaps
- 'Bones' birth: What a Sweets moment
- 'Parenthood'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; 'Project Runway All-Stars'; more TV recaps
- John Lithgow and Glenn Close on B'way in 'A Delicate Balance': EW review
Top 5 Most Read
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss talks killer twist
- AMC to debut 'Better Call Saul' with two-night event
- 'How to Get Away With Murder' recap: 'Kill Me, Kill Me, Kill Me'
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- 'AHS: Freak Show' Exclusive: Watch Evan Peters perform Nirvana's 'Come As You Are'