Less than two months after they separated, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are officially divorced. A New York judge finalized the ruling yesterday, ending the five-year marriage, reports People. Holmes, who filed divorce papers, is the primary caregiver for the couple’s daughter Suri, 6.
Tag: Katie Holmes (1-4 of 4)
After Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes reached a settlement in their divorce yesterday, rumors swirled with regards to the specifics of the deal.
Many outlets, including People, reported yesterday that the couple’s daughter, Suri, 6, will live primarily with Holmes in New York with generous visitation by Cruise. People cites an anonymous source saying, “They both love their daughter, and Tom thinks she should be with her mother.” Another anonymous source told People, “Neither one of them wanted this to be hashed out in public.”
However, Katie Holmes’ attorney, Jonathan Wolfe, said to People, “There are numerous inaccuracies in the reports regarding the purported contents of the agreement reached between the parties. The agreement is confidential and its terms will not be disclosed.”
“The case has been settled and the agreement has been signed. We are thrilled for Katie and her family and are excited to watch as she embarks on the next chapter of her life,” Holmes’ attorney Jonathan Wolfe said.
Cruise and Holmes also released a joint statement regarding the settlement. “We are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter Suri’s best interests. We want to keep matters affecting our family private and express our respect for each other’s commitment to each of our respective beliefs and support each other’s roles as parents,” reps for Cruise and Holmes told People.
While details were not available, People reports “sources close to both sides say that Cruise, 50, and Holmes, 33, were working on an arrangement in which Suri, 6, lives in New York with her mother and her father is given generous visitation rights.”
Earlier this weekend, it was reported that the two were in settlement talks to avoid divorce court.
After five years of marriage, Tom Cruise, 49, and Katie Holmes, 33, are getting a divorce, People reports. “This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family,” Holmes’ attorney Jonathan Wolfe told People. “Katie’s primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter’s best interest.”
Cruise’s rep told People, “Kate has filed for divorce and Tom is deeply saddened and is concentrating on his three children. Please allow them their privacy.”
The couple have a daughter, Suri, 6. Cruise has two older children from his relationship with Nicole Kidman. Cruise and Holmes married in 2006.
FIRST LOOK: Tom Cruise makes a stand in crime thriller ‘Jack Reacher’ — EXCLUSIVE
M83 set to score upcoming Tom Cruise movie ‘Oblivion’
‘Rock of Ages’: Is Tom Cruise’s performance the movie’s only redeeming quality?
- 'Bachelor': Juan Pablo, we've seen this move before...
- '300' sequel is weekend's No. 1 movie: $45M
- Lena Dunham hosts 'SNL': 'Girls' night
- 'Amazing Race': Phil Keoghan previews Malaysia
- 'Cosmos': Past vs. present, toward a better future?
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- '24: Live Another Day' teaser: Jack vs. assassin
- 'Walking Dead': Lauren Cohan on Maggie and Glenn
Top 5 Most Read
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- 'SNL' recap: Lena Dunham is just a girl, standing in front of an audience, asking them to like her
- Stacy Keibler marries tech entrepreneur Jared Pobre
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!