Johnny Depp recently popped the question to actress Amber Heard, according to People. The couple, who met on the set of the 2011 movie The Rum Diary, recently wrapped production on the Martin Amis novel adaptation London Fields. In 2012, the 50-year-old Depp split from his partner of 14 years, Vanessa Paradis, with whom he has two children. Heard, 27, who has described herself as bisexual, was previously in a four-year relationship with artist Tasya van Ree.
Tag: Johnny Depp (1-3 of 3)
EW has confirmed that Johnny Depp and longtime partner Vanessa Paradis have split. Depp’s publicist issued a statement that the pair “have amicably separated” and asked that media and fans “Please respect their privacy and, more importantly, the privacy of their children.”
Depp and Paradis met in 1998. Though they never legally married, they have two children, 13-year-old Lily-Rose and 9-year-old Jack. Reports surfaced that they were on the rocks this past January since they had not been seen publicly together in months.
Entertainment Tonight first exclusively reported this news.
EW has confirmed that Johnny Depp is being sued by a 52-year-old disabled woman, who claims Depp’s bodyguards injured her at a concert. The woman, who is not named in lawsuit papers, says she encountered Depp in the VIP area of an Iggy and the Stooges performance at the Hollywood Palladium last Dec. 1.
She alleges three separate altercations with Depp’s security, all of which were witnessed by the Oscar nominee, who ignored her cries for help. She claims the guards appeared to be conspiring against her before one of them “grabbed [her] from behind, bear-hugged her, and tightly grabbed and restrained both of her wrists” while another tried to “wrench her iPhone… from her hands.” During another scuffle, she alleges the guards handcuffed her, dragged her around a public section venue, and ripped off her pants, exposing her backside to other concertgoers.
The woman — a U.C. Irvine med school professor, who needs a cane to walk — claims the incident resulted in severe injuries (including a dislocated left elbow, bleeding, swelling, and bruising) and worsened pre-existing conditions, ultimately preventing her from returning to work after a medical leave. She is suing Depp and the Hollywood Palladium for emotional distress, assault, battery, false imprisonment, discrimination, and civil rights violations. Damages weren’t specified.
Paul McCartney directs Natalie Portman and Johnny Depp in new music videos — WATCH
Johnny Depp plays guitar on stage with Marilyn Manson for ‘Sweet Dreams’: Watch it here!
New streaming titles: Johnny Depp goes West in ‘Rango,’ Taylor Swift gets ‘Fearless’
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Fargo' recap: 'The Rooster Prince'
- 'Supernatural' spin-off: First trailer
- Neil Patrick Harris on B'way in 'Hedwig': EW review
- 'Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist
- 'Voice' recap: And then there were 10
- 'Faking It' series premiere: MTV's faux lesbians
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO