Amidst a resurgent uproar over a number of rape allegations, Bill Cosby’s scheduled Wednesday night appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman has been cancelled.
Tag: David Letterman (1-3 of 3)
David Letterman’s “stupid human tricks” and Top 10 lists are being vaulted into the ranks of cultural acclaim as the late-night comedian receives this year’s Kennedy Center Honors with rock band Led Zeppelin and three other artists.
Stars from New York, Hollywood and the music world gathered Sunday in Washington to salute the comedian and the band, along with Dustin Hoffman, Chicago bluesman Buddy Guy and ballerina Natalia Makarova.
The honors are the nation’s highest award for those who influenced American culture through the arts. President Barack Obama will host the honorees at the White House before they are saluted by fellow performers in a show to be broadcast Dec. 26 on CBS.
Meryl Streep introduced the honorees Saturday during a formal dinner at the U.S. State Department and noted that Letterman had surpassed his mentor, Johnny Carson, in sustaining the longest late-night television career for more than 30 years.
Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Kimmel joined in celebrating Letterman’s influence on many other comedians. READ FULL STORY
Years after playing a Washington newspaper reporter, Dustin Hoffman is returning to the nation’s capital to share an honor with David Letterman – who appears surprised at how culturally important his Top 10 lists have been.
The actor and comedian are among seven people who will receive the 2012 Kennedy Center Honors, the performing arts center announced Wednesday. They join Chicago bluesman Buddy Guy, the surviving members of the rock band Led Zeppelin and ballerina Natalia Makarova.
The award is the nation’s highest honor for those who have influenced American culture through the arts. It comes with a dinner with Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and a reception hosted by President Barack Obama. The honorees will be saluted by fellow artists Dec. 2 in a show to be broadcast Dec. 26 on CBS.
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Blake Shelton?
- 'SNL': 10 best (and 5 worst) host/musical guests
- Kirby Dick's 'The Hunting Ground' challenges U.S. colleges on an 'epidemic' of campus rape
- Michael Fassbender in 'Slow West': 3 First Look photos
- Bill Maher on why 'American Sniper' is a blockbuster while 'Hurt Locker' was not
- Melissa Rauch on gymnastic sex scene in 'The Bronze' at Sundance: 'you write what you know'
- 'Westworld' team on what their secretive show is about: 'the things that keep you up at night'
- 'Transparent': Binging? Read our recaps of all 10 episodes
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Big Bang Theory' star's gymnastic sex scene scores a '10' at Sundance
- 'Westworld' producers hint HBO's drama has great, freaky potential
- Bill Maher calls 'American Sniper' Chris Kyle 'a psychopath patriot'
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Derek really is leaving -- what does this mean for Patrick Dempsey?
- 'RoboCop,' new 'House of Cards,' and more coming to Netflix in February