People reports that veteran journalist Barbara Walters was hospitalized on Saturday night, after falling on steps during a pre-inauguration party at the British Ambassador’s residence. The 83-year-old Walters cut her forehead and was taken to a hospital immediately. She appeared in good spirits after the fall, but a spokesman for ABC tells EW that Walters remains in the hospital under observation. As a result, Walters will not be able to contribute as planned to ABC News’ inauguration coverage.
Tag: ABC News (1-2 of 2)
Sam Donaldson has been arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.
The longtime ABC News reporter was stopped by officers in Lewes, Del. just before 8 p.m. on Dec. 1, Police Chief Jeffrey Horvath confirmed in a statement to People. Donaldson, 78, was initially pulled over for a traffic violation, but was ultimately cited for a DUI when it became apparent that he had been drinking after he failed a field sobriety test.
The journalist’s court appearance is currently pending.
American crowned Miss Universe
Supreme Court nominee Robert Bork, the man who became a meme, dies at 85
Hacker who published nude photos of Scarlett Johansson sentenced to 10 years in prison
- 'No Good Deed' No. 1 at weekend box office: $24.5M
- 'Big Brother'; 'Masters of Sex'; 'RHONJ'; 'Boardwalk Empire' recaps
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' debuts: Ready Teddy
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show': 21 new photos
- 'Utopia' ratings slide far from ideal for Fox
- 'Simpsons' Hollywood Bowl concert: 6 most memorable moments
- Mail's in! Talkback on 'Doctor Who,' 'Big Brother,' and U2
- Fall TV Preview: Dramas