People reports that veteran journalist Barbara Walters was hospitalized on Saturday night, after falling on steps during a pre-inauguration party at the British Ambassador’s residence. The 83-year-old Walters cut her forehead and was taken to a hospital immediately. She appeared in good spirits after the fall, but a spokesman for ABC tells EW that Walters remains in the hospital under observation. As a result, Walters will not be able to contribute as planned to ABC News’ inauguration coverage.
Tag: ABC News (1-2 of 2)
Sam Donaldson has been arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.
The longtime ABC News reporter was stopped by officers in Lewes, Del. just before 8 p.m. on Dec. 1, Police Chief Jeffrey Horvath confirmed in a statement to People. Donaldson, 78, was initially pulled over for a traffic violation, but was ultimately cited for a DUI when it became apparent that he had been drinking after he failed a field sobriety test.
The journalist’s court appearance is currently pending.
American crowned Miss Universe
Supreme Court nominee Robert Bork, the man who became a meme, dies at 85
Hacker who published nude photos of Scarlett Johansson sentenced to 10 years in prison
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- 'The Flash' recap: 'Things You Can't Outrun'
- 'Gilmore Girls': Amy Sherman-Palladino on how the 'thousand yellow daisies' scene grew
- Marvel on cryptic crossover art: 'Stay Tuned!' So, let's theorize...
- 'Lassa Fever' to 'The Dreaming Death': 5 soap opera epidemics
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- Ray Fisher: Meet DC's 'Cyborg'
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?