Federal court records show that rapper 50 Cent has been ordered to pay a Bradenton earphone manufacturer more than $16 million in connection with a failed partnership to produce the entertainer’s line of headphones.
Tag: 50 Cent (1-5 of 5)
Rapper 50 Cent has been sentenced to three years of probation after pleading no contest to vandalism in a case filed after an alleged fight with his ex-girlfriend earlier this year.
Los Angeles City Attorney’s spokesman Frank Mateljan says the rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, was ordered Monday to pay $7,100 in restitution and take a year of domestic violence classes.
Jackson had previously pleaded not guilty to destroying items in his ex-girlfriend’s condo during a June argument. The woman had accused Jackson of breaking down a door and kicking her, but the domestic violence charge was dropped Monday.
Mateljan says the rapper must comply with a restraining order.
Attorney Scott Leemon said Jackson is pleased the case is resolved and the domestic violence charge was dropped.
50 Cent stood silently before a judge Monday as his attorney entered his plea of not guilty to domestic violence and vandalism charges involving an ex-girlfriend who is the mother of his child.
The performer, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, was told to stay away from Daphne Narvarez and is forbidden to contact her by phone or email.
He also was told not to possess any weapons.
The 37-year-old “In Da Club” singer was ordered to return to court Sept. 4 for a pre-trial hearing.
Narvarez says Jackson trashed her California condo and kicked her during an argument June 23. Police said property worth $7,100 was destroyed. She said she locked herself in a bedroom but Jackson kicked open the bedroom door and kicked her, causing injury.
READ FULL STORY
Rapper and actor 50 Cent faces arraignment on charges that he attacked his ex-girlfriend and trashed her condo.
The hearing for the singer, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, was scheduled for Monday.
If convicted, the “In Da Club” singer faces up to five years in jail and $46,000 in fines. READ FULL STORY
Rapper 50 Cent has been charged with attacking his ex-girlfriend and trashing her Los Angeles condo last month.
City Attorney Mike Feuer said Wednesday the 37-year-old “In Da Club” singer is charged with domestic violence and vandalism. Police say the rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, had fled the scene when they arrived on June 23 at a condo belonging to a woman with whom he has a baby.
Police say they found the bedroom door kicked in, and damage totaling $7,100. Police say the woman had been in a three-year relationship with Jackson.
The rapper’s representative did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
READ FULL STORY
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- Chris Pratt: 'Parks and Rec' will get ending it deserves (dinosaurs?)
- 'Top Model' First Look: Pretty and twisted
- Jon Stewart on 'Rosewater': 'a love letter to expression'
- 'Big Brother' eviction: 3 Q's for Julie Chen
- TV recaps: 'Project Runway,' 'Big Brother'
- 'The Killing': Binging? Read our recaps of episodes 1-5
- Comic-Con: Why Team 'Twilight' made it better
- STAHP in the name of love 967
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 596
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 478
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 460
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
Top 5 Most Read
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Dick Smith, makeup artist of 'The Godfather,' 'The Exorcist': A tribute
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Entertainment Geekly: Or maybe 'Twilight' was the best thing to happen to Comic-Con
- 'Big Brother' recap: Tell me about the rabbits, Caleb