Federal court records show that rapper 50 Cent has been ordered to pay a Bradenton earphone manufacturer more than $16 million in connection with a failed partnership to produce the entertainer’s line of headphones.
Tag: 50 Cent (1-5 of 5)
Rapper 50 Cent has been sentenced to three years of probation after pleading no contest to vandalism in a case filed after an alleged fight with his ex-girlfriend earlier this year.
Los Angeles City Attorney’s spokesman Frank Mateljan says the rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, was ordered Monday to pay $7,100 in restitution and take a year of domestic violence classes.
Jackson had previously pleaded not guilty to destroying items in his ex-girlfriend’s condo during a June argument. The woman had accused Jackson of breaking down a door and kicking her, but the domestic violence charge was dropped Monday.
Mateljan says the rapper must comply with a restraining order.
Attorney Scott Leemon said Jackson is pleased the case is resolved and the domestic violence charge was dropped.
50 Cent stood silently before a judge Monday as his attorney entered his plea of not guilty to domestic violence and vandalism charges involving an ex-girlfriend who is the mother of his child.
The performer, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, was told to stay away from Daphne Narvarez and is forbidden to contact her by phone or email.
He also was told not to possess any weapons.
The 37-year-old “In Da Club” singer was ordered to return to court Sept. 4 for a pre-trial hearing.
Narvarez says Jackson trashed her California condo and kicked her during an argument June 23. Police said property worth $7,100 was destroyed. She said she locked herself in a bedroom but Jackson kicked open the bedroom door and kicked her, causing injury.
READ FULL STORY
Rapper and actor 50 Cent faces arraignment on charges that he attacked his ex-girlfriend and trashed her condo.
The hearing for the singer, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, was scheduled for Monday.
If convicted, the “In Da Club” singer faces up to five years in jail and $46,000 in fines. READ FULL STORY
Rapper 50 Cent has been charged with attacking his ex-girlfriend and trashing her Los Angeles condo last month.
City Attorney Mike Feuer said Wednesday the 37-year-old “In Da Club” singer is charged with domestic violence and vandalism. Police say the rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, had fled the scene when they arrived on June 23 at a condo belonging to a woman with whom he has a baby.
Police say they found the bedroom door kicked in, and damage totaling $7,100. Police say the woman had been in a three-year relationship with Jackson.
The rapper’s representative did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
READ FULL STORY
- J.K. Rowling digs into Dolores Umbridge in new Pottermore story
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 'Walking Dead' cannibal Andrew J. West hunts his next target...on 'Hot in Cleveland'
- 'Today' and 'GMA' Halloween: Lara Spencer as Prince George; Hoda and Kathie Lee in Wayne's World
- 'Two and a Half Men' returns: 'Duckie's gettin' lucky'
- 31 scariest movies of all time: Chris Nashawaty's picks
- 'How to Get Away With Murder'; 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- 'Big Bang' Theory; 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'Parenthood'; 'Graceland'; more TV recaps
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- Get an exclusive first look at 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps its series finale
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role