News Briefs TV, movie and music news

Author: Kate Ward (41-50 of 846)

Kim Kardashian, Kris Humphries divorcing, respond to break-up

Looks like there was no happily ever after for this “fairytale.” After just 72 days of marriage, Kim Kardashian has filed for divorce from Kris Humphries, according to court papers received by EW. (Ryan Seacrest, who serves as executive producer on Keeping Up with the Kardashians, confirmed the news via his Twitter feed earlier today:  “Yes @kimkardashian is filing for divorce this morning. I touched base with her, getting a statement in just a few mins.”) The papers, filed Oct. 31, cite irreconcilable differences as to the reason for the split.

Kardashian and Humphries, who were married Aug. 20, aired their grandiose wedding on E! earlier this month with a two-day special. Kim’s Fairytale Wedding has continued to air on repeats on the station since. The former couple also recently appeared on Ellen to renew their vows.

UPDATE: E! has released a statement regarding the split: “All of us at E! are surprised and saddened by this news, and we send our support to Kim and Kris at this difficult time. The Kardashians have always been uniquely open with all aspects of their lives from joyous events to intimate moments to heartbreaking transitions. E! will continue to share the fascinating real lives and larger-than-life existence of this close-knit family.”

UPDATE: Kardashian has released a statement, obtained by EW: “After careful consideration, I have decided to end my marriage. I hope everyone understands this was not an easy decision. I had hoped this marriage was forever, but sometimes things don’t work out as planned. We remain friends and wish each other the best.”

Humphries, on the other hand, released the following statement to E!: “I love my wife and am devastated to learn she filed for divorce. I’m committed to this marriage and everything this covenant represents. I’m willing to do whatever it takes to make it work.”

Read more:
‘Kim’s Fairytale Wedding’: Was it worth the wait?
Kim Kardashian renews her wedding vows on ‘Ellen,’ and it’s actually kinda sweet: Watch!
Kim Kardashian’s wedding dress: Snap Judgment

'Sex and the City' star Mario Cantone is a married man

Step aside, Stanford. Sex and the City star Mario Cantone is a single man no more: The actor revealed on The View that he married theater director Jerry Dixon. Cantone and Dixon had been dating 20 years. Said Cantone to recently wed Joy Behar on the daytime talk show, “I got married for the same reasons you did … We’re older now. We’ve been together 20 years. After 20 years you’re like, ‘Thanks for the anti-climactic honeymoon government!” [People]

Marie Osmond checks into ER after respiratory pain

Marie Osmond made a short trip to the ER Wednesday night. According to the Las Vegas Sun, the entertainer began to feel tightness in her lungs following her Donny & Marie show at Flamingo Las Vegas. Though Osmond at first suspected bronchitis, tests and X-rays revealed the singer was healthy. Osmond is set to continue her show this evening, but her rep says some songs might be cut short to give her vocal chords some rest.

Baby No. 2 for 'It's Always Sunny' duo

Things continue to be Sunny for Kaitlin Olson and Rob McElhenney: The couple — and co-stars on FX’s It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia — are expecting their second child together. Olson gave birth to Axel Lee just 13 months ago. “We’re having a boy! We’re so happy that Axel gets to have a brother so close in age. And I get to add another set of balls to my very, very male world,” Olson told People.

Let’s just hope the new baby stays far, far away from Sweet Dee.

Baby on board for Bruce Willis

A good day for A Good Day To Die Hard‘s Bruce Willis: The action star is expecting his first child with designer wife, Emma Heming-Willis. People reports Willis and Heming-Willis are “overjoyed with this news and they look forward to welcoming this newest addition to their family,” according to a statement from the couple.

Willis has three children with ex-wife Demi Moore: 23-year-old Rumer, 20-year-old Scout, and 17-year-old Tallulah.

'Top Chef: Just Desserts' contestant indicted on child porn charges

Morgan Wilson, who appeared on season 1 of Top Chef: Just Desserts, has been indicted on child pornography charges, the Plano Star-Courier reports (via People). The former contestant, who is based out of Plano, Texas, was arrested in December when officials working undercover received video and image files from him containing children — some as young as toddlers — engaging in sexual acts. Wilson could serve 10 years in jail if he’s convicted of second-degree felony charges.

The next court date for the reality TV contestant is scheduled for Oct. 27. Wilson’s lawyer has not immediately responded to EW’s request for comment.

Will Lindsay Lohan go to jail following morgue snafu? It's likely, experts say

Lindsay Lohan is no stranger to jail. After all, the Mean Girls actress spent time behind bars several times between 2007 and 2010, thanks to a DUI arrest and several probation violations. (And that’s if you don’t count house arrest, which she was sentenced to serve earlier this year after being convicted of misdemeanor grand theft.) But following her latest setback — Lohan’s probation was revoked after she was let go from court-appointed volunteer work at the Downtown Women’s Center — media and fans alike are left wondering whether she’s set for another stint in the slammer, particularly after the actress was turned away from the L.A. County morgue Thursday for being late to court-ordered duty. After being given so many chances to improve her image, will the court finally turn its back on Lohan and send her directly to jail at her Nov. 2 hearing?

Though courts typically try to be lenient towards those serving probation, Lohan’s history certainly complicates matters for the actress, says Los Angeles-based criminal defense attorney Jonathan Kelman. Not only has she recently neglected to follow court orders, but she’s skipped DUI progress hearings and has failed drug tests in the past few years. (Her probation was previously revoked in 2010 after she admitted to failing a test.) “She’s making a mockery out of the system,” he tells EW. “She’s pushing so hard against the wall that eventually the court is going to push back….If you constantly keep mocking the court by not doing what you’re supposed to do, it’s a matter of time before she has to get sent to jail.” READ FULL STORY

Lindsay Lohan shows up for morgue duty, says rep

And early this time! Though Lindsay Lohan was turned away from her court-appointed volunteer work at the L.A. County Morgue Thursday after she showed up late, the actress made sure she found her way to the facility Friday. The actress’ rep released the following statement: “Lindsay arrived at the L.A. County Morgue at 5:35 a.m. this morning. She is sitting in her car waiting for them to open. Her orientation starts at 7.”

On Thursday, Lohan blamed her tardiness on her inability to figure out how to enter the building. Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter, however, told reporters, “She’s been here before, and she was given directions, and, as far as we know, she knows how to get here.”

Lohan’s next hearing, which will determine whether or not she’s sent back to jail for probation violation, is scheduled for Nov. 2.

Read more:
Lindsay Lohan gets lost reporting to morgue duty, but official says ‘she’s been here before’
Lindsay Lohan handcuffed at hearing, sees probation revoked
22 Public Celebrity Meltdowns

Lindsay Lohan gets lost reporting to morgue duty, but official says 'she's been here before'

Earlier today, a rep for Lindsay Lohan released a statement claiming the actress had reported to court-appointed duty at the L.A. County morgue 20 minutes late because she got lost. Said rep Steve Honig, “Her lateness was due to a combination of not knowing what entrance to go through and confusion caused by the media waiting for her arrival. Lindsay spoke with the supervisors at the morgue, they showed her how to get in and everything is all cleared up.” (UPDATE: Lohan addressed her tardiness on her Twitter: “I’m sorry for the confusion that I may of caused to those at the Coroner’s office. Won’t happen again, now I know where to go! Thank you for your help.”)

But, according to Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter, there may be more than a few flaws in that statement. READ FULL STORY

France welcomes First Baby

Baby Bruni-Sarkozy has been born! French President Nicolas Sarkozy and wife Carla Bruni-Sarkozy have welcomed their first child, according to Le Figaro (via People). The baby girl was born at the Clinque de la Muette in Paris. Her name is not yet known.

This is Sarkozy’s fourth child; he has three others from previous marriages. Bruni-Sarkozy has one other child. As People notes, Sarkozy and Bruni-Sarkozy’s baby is the first born to a ruling French leader since Napoleon.

Latest Videos

Advertisement

From Our Partners

TV Recaps

Powered by WordPress.com VIP