After a brutal World Cup final which saw flying kneecaps of fury and tears of blood, Germany defeated Argentina to win the World Cup 1-0. It was an exciting end to a tournament that saw renewed interest in the game here in the states: The US-Portugal game was the most-watched soccer game in American history, which would make it one of the least-watched soccer games in any other country’s history, but still. It’s an exciting day for the German team–and for their beloved coach, German Sandy Cohen.
Germany wins World Cup, defeats Argentina 1-0
- EW's SAG Awards Party 2015: What the stars wore
- SAG Awards 2015 viewing party: Watch with us as we blog the memorable moments
- SAG Awards 2015: Mingling inside EW's party
- 'American Sniper' keeps box office crown: $64.4M
- 'SNL' recap: Blake brings a country twang, but too often the sketches go south
- 'SNL': 10 best (and 5 worst) host/musical guests
- Johnny Depp after 'Mortdecai'? 5 directors we think can help him find his mojo
- WWE Royal Rumbles: Ranking the worst, best, and the G.O.A.T.