Kentucky pastor Jamie Coots — who starred on National Geographic’s Snake Salvation, a reality show about the practice of serpent-handling in church — has died of a poisonous snake bite. CNN reports that Coots died Saturday evening in his home after refusing treatment. According to Deadline, National Geographic was not planning a second season of Snake Salvation, but will air a special tribute episode for Coots.
Jamie Coots, star of National Geographic's 'Snake Salvation,' dead from snake bite
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?
- 'Gotham' costume designer on what clothes tell us about each character
- 'Star Wars' First Look: Alex Ross' cover for Marvel comic book
- Taylor Swift's 'Welcome to New York' sneaks out before midnight
- Fiona Apple theme song to 'The Affair': Any clues to who's dead?
- 'Botched' season 2 teaser: 'Who wants to look natural?'
- Halloween countdown/poll: 5 best demon movies
- Jenny Slate's Marcel the Shell has 'A Perfect Day' in clip ahead of new book