Kentucky pastor Jamie Coots — who starred on National Geographic’s Snake Salvation, a reality show about the practice of serpent-handling in church — has died of a poisonous snake bite. CNN reports that Coots died Saturday evening in his home after refusing treatment. According to Deadline, National Geographic was not planning a second season of Snake Salvation, but will air a special tribute episode for Coots.
Jamie Coots, star of National Geographic's 'Snake Salvation,' dead from snake bite
- 'SNL' recap: Cameron Diaz is a 'Back Home Baller'
- AMAs 2013 flashback: See how we graded last year's performances
- AMAs 2013 flashback: What the stars wore--and how we sized up their style
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': $123M opening weekend
- 'Jurassic World' teases Thanksgiving trailer: 3 nods to 'Jurassic Park'
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- Stephen Merchant answers burning Q's about 'Hello Ladies: The Movie' (including THAT cameo)
- 20 platonic movie/TV power couples
Top 5 Most Read
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- 'Saturday Night Live' recap: 'Cameron Diaz and Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars'
- Bodies of Work: 49 Unforgettable Nude Scenes
- Times Change: 'Jurassic World' teases with three homages to Steven Spielberg's original
- Cameron Diaz hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend -- talk about it here!