Kentucky pastor Jamie Coots — who starred on National Geographic’s Snake Salvation, a reality show about the practice of serpent-handling in church — has died of a poisonous snake bite. CNN reports that Coots died Saturday evening in his home after refusing treatment. According to Deadline, National Geographic was not planning a second season of Snake Salvation, but will air a special tribute episode for Coots.
Jamie Coots, star of National Geographic's 'Snake Salvation,' dead from snake bite
- Lena Dunham on 'SNL': It's 'Girls' night in
- 'True Detective': Fun fan sites
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- 'Bachelor': Clare and Juan Pablo find wedding song?
- 'Supernatural' spinoff gets new title
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- 8 TV stars who proved you can go home again
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 5 ideas for Dr. Burke
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Reign': Are the uncensored sex scenes all that different?
- Second time around: TV stars who reprised iconic roles
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Dr. Burke returns to 'Grey's Anatomy': What will happen?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Say goodbye to Katherine Pierce by reliving some of her best moments -- VIDEO