Kentucky pastor Jamie Coots — who starred on National Geographic’s Snake Salvation, a reality show about the practice of serpent-handling in church — has died of a poisonous snake bite. CNN reports that Coots died Saturday evening in his home after refusing treatment. According to Deadline, National Geographic was not planning a second season of Snake Salvation, but will air a special tribute episode for Coots.
Jamie Coots, star of National Geographic's 'Snake Salvation,' dead from snake bite
- 'Manhattan Love Story' is first fall show to be canceled
- Zoe Saldana on first profile in her 'My Hero' series: My mom 'really let us find our own voice'
- Comic-book collecting: What draws you to it?
- Regina Spektor's 'Love Me or Leave Me' from 'Boardwalk Empire': Hear it
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'