John Henson, a second-generation puppeteer, has died at age 48. Henson — son of Muppets creator Jim Henson — suffered a sudden heart attack on Friday. The news was confirmed by the official Facebook page for the Jim Henson Company, of which John Henson was a shareholder and board member. The younger Henson also worked on several Muppets projects, playing the character Sweetums in films including Muppet Treasure Island and Muppets From Space. He is survived by his wife, Gyongyi, and two daughters.
Puppeteer John Henson, son of 'Muppets' creator Jim Henson, dies at 48
- Andrew J. West (a.k.a. mysterious baddie Gareth) talks 'Walking Dead'
- 'Good Wife'; 'Boardwalk Empire'; 'Masters of Sex'; 'Real Housewives of N.J.'; 'Outlander'; 'Doctor Who' recaps
- Seth Rogen and James Franco as tabloid TV assassins in 'The Interview' red-band trailer (NSFW)
- 'South Park' promo in D.C. takes aim at 'Redskins' team name debate
- 'Sleepy Hollow' sneak peek: Ichabod Crane meets a naked Ben Franklin
- 'Madam Secretary' series premiere: A diplomatic debut for Tea Leoni
- 10 essential graphic novels that have faced bans and challenges
- 'Game of Thrones': Charles Dance offers a season 5 tease