EW has confirmed that singer Chris Brown was arrested early this morning outside of a Washington, DC hotel on felony assault charges. Officer Paul Metcalf, a public information officer for the Washington Metropolitan Police Department, says a call came in at 4:25am that Brown, 24, and his bodyguard Chris Hollosy, 35, were involved in a physical altercation with an unidentified victim outside the W hotel on the 500 block of 15th Street NW. The male sustained physical injuries that required hospitalization but he has been subsequently released. Both Brown and Hollosy were arrested on felony assault charges and are being held. Brown is on probation in California for a felony domestic violence conviction involving his former girlfriend Rihanna. Any arrest would be considered a violation of probation and could result in jail time.
Chris Brown arrested on felony assault charge
- 'Grey's Anatomy' sneak peek: Meredith and Maggie go toe-to-toe
- 'Walking Dead': Get up to speed in 60 seconds
- Rory Gilmore Reading Project creator to dive into all 338 books named on series; 7 he's liked so far
- 'Big Bang Theory' recap: 7 favorite laugh lines
- 'Castle' season premiere: Your take on 'Driven'?
- 'Castle' boss tips us off to 5 things to look for this season
- 'The Blacklist'; 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'Gotham'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more recaps
- 'SNL': Bill Hader on chat with Lorne Michaels about Pete Davidson ('By the way, do you want to host?')
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl
- 'Castle' season 7 premiere recap: Where in the world is Richard Castle?
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: Raining on prom night
- 'Mythbusters': Discovery responds to fan outrage over dumping Kari Byron
- Tony Almeida wants out of solitary in new '24' Blu-ray feature