EW has confirmed that singer Chris Brown was arrested early this morning outside of a Washington, DC hotel on felony assault charges. Officer Paul Metcalf, a public information officer for the Washington Metropolitan Police Department, says a call came in at 4:25am that Brown, 24, and his bodyguard Chris Hollosy, 35, were involved in a physical altercation with an unidentified victim outside the W hotel on the 500 block of 15th Street NW. The male sustained physical injuries that required hospitalization but he has been subsequently released. Both Brown and Hollosy were arrested on felony assault charges and are being held. Brown is on probation in California for a felony domestic violence conviction involving his former girlfriend Rihanna. Any arrest would be considered a violation of probation and could result in jail time.
Chris Brown arrested on felony assault charge
- 'Captain America 2' is No. 1 Friday: $9.6M
- 'Godzilla' promo: See the monster roar
- Prince surprises fans with a new single
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- 'Orphan Black': Tatiana Maslany 'high octane' promise
- Gwen Stefani + 'The Voice'? Sound good to you?
- Clones! Doppelgangers! Twins! 23 movie/TV multiples
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
Top 5 Most Read
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Lost' exec producer Carlton Cuse looks back at plotting the finale -- and picks TV's best goodbye
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…