EW has confirmed that singer Chris Brown was arrested early this morning outside of a Washington, DC hotel on felony assault charges. Officer Paul Metcalf, a public information officer for the Washington Metropolitan Police Department, says a call came in at 4:25am that Brown, 24, and his bodyguard Chris Hollosy, 35, were involved in a physical altercation with an unidentified victim outside the W hotel on the 500 block of 15th Street NW. The male sustained physical injuries that required hospitalization but he has been subsequently released. Both Brown and Hollosy were arrested on felony assault charges and are being held. Brown is on probation in California for a felony domestic violence conviction involving his former girlfriend Rihanna. Any arrest would be considered a violation of probation and could result in jail time.
Chris Brown arrested on felony assault charge
- Ryan Murphy talks 'AHS: Coven': More Stevie Nicks!
- 'Orphan Black' season 2: First photo
- 'Survivor' recap: Fit to be tied
- 'American Horror Story' recap: 'The Sacred Taking'
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: Let's think this through
- 'Veronica Mars' out 3/14/14 -- and we have a clip!
- 'Sherlock' season 3: 10 new photos
- Lady Gaga Muppet special a ratings turkey 1427
- Gunfight at the Not Okay Corral 689
- 'The Walking Dead' midseason finale: 'Too Far Gone' spoilers 443
- ‘Fast and Furious’ actor Paul Walker dead after car crash 395
- '12 Years a Slave': The emotional reactions that make director Steve McQueen thankful -- Q&A 375