EW has confirmed that singer Chris Brown was arrested early this morning outside of a Washington, DC hotel on felony assault charges. Officer Paul Metcalf, a public information officer for the Washington Metropolitan Police Department, says a call came in at 4:25am that Brown, 24, and his bodyguard Chris Hollosy, 35, were involved in a physical altercation with an unidentified victim outside the W hotel on the 500 block of 15th Street NW. The male sustained physical injuries that required hospitalization but he has been subsequently released. Both Brown and Hollosy were arrested on felony assault charges and are being held. Brown is on probation in California for a felony domestic violence conviction involving his former girlfriend Rihanna. Any arrest would be considered a violation of probation and could result in jail time.
Chris Brown arrested on felony assault charge
- Winners and losers of Summer 2014
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies
- 'Hullabaloo': Will fans of hand-drawn animation art fund this indie short?
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics: FBI issues statement
- 'Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story': 100 things that happened (maybe?)
- 'Arrow' digital-first comic fills in gap between seasons 2 and 3
- Chris Harrison on 'Bachelor in Paradise' episode 6: Cody-Michelle, Marcus-Lacy, and...Jesse
Top 5 Most Read
- 100 things that apparently happened, as told by 'The Unauthorized Saved…
- Internet grinds to halt as nude pics of Jennifer Lawrence, others surface
- FBI issues statement on leaked nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence, others
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' recap: Cave dwellers
- CeeLo Green tweets that only women who 'remember' can be raped (Updated)