Veteran White House journalist Helen Thomas died on Saturday after battling a long illness, the Associated Press reports. She began reporting on John F. Kennedy’s White House for United Press International in 1961 and built a reputation for her tenacious questioning over 10 presidencies. The end of her career was marked by controversy, when a video surfaced in 2010 of Thomas saying that Jews in Palestine should go home to “Poland, Germany … and America and everywhere else.”
Washington journalist Helen Thomas dies at 92
- 'SNL': How'd Jim Carrey do?
- 'Doctor Who'; 'Amazing Race'; 'Constantine'; more TV recaps
- Bill Murray: 11 personas he's perfected
- 37 'sexy' Halloween costumes?
- Kids and coots: Movies' unlikeliest buddies?
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Comic-book collecting: What draws you to it?
- 'Blacklist' cues up Cloud Cult, more of the week's best music on TV