Valerie Harper, TV’s Rhoda Morgenstern from The Mary Tyler Moore Show and its spinoff, has terminal brain cancer. The 73-year-old actress told People in this week’s cover story that she learned her horrible diagnosis on Jan. 15. Her doctors concluded she had leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, a cancer complication that accelerates the spread of the illness, and has as little as three months to live. “I don’t think of dying,” Harper told the magazine. “I think of being here now.”
Valerie Harper diagnosed with terminal brain cancer
- 'Survivor' result: Talk about it!
- 'Arrow' react: 'The Man Under the Hood'
- 'Simpsons' First Look: Homer meets Lego Homer!
- 'Vampire Diaries': Paul Wesley nixes shirtless Stefan
- 'Dawson's Creek': Kevin Williamson on how it ended
- 'Friends': The one about making the finale final
- '30 Rock': What made Liz Lemon's sendoff so sweet?
- 'X-Men' trailer: Retro-Sentinels and...the Dude?!
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Paul Walker's brothers joining production
- 'Game of Thrones': Joffrey wedding crowns new piracy record
- Tina Fey and Robert Carlock on '30 Rock' finale, and why they screened 'iCarly'
- 'Game of Thrones': Jack Gleeson talks royal wedding shocker -- EXCLUSIVE
- Kevin Williamson looks back at the 'Dawson's Creek' series finale: The art of saying goodbye