Valerie Harper, TV’s Rhoda Morgenstern from The Mary Tyler Moore Show and its spinoff, has terminal brain cancer. The 73-year-old actress told People in this week’s cover story that she learned her horrible diagnosis on Jan. 15. Her doctors concluded she had leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, a cancer complication that accelerates the spread of the illness, and has as little as three months to live. “I don’t think of dying,” Harper told the magazine. “I think of being here now.”
Valerie Harper diagnosed with terminal brain cancer
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- 'Project Runway' recap: 'The History of the American Girl'
- Billy Crystal and Jimmy Fallon swap Robin Williams stories
- Nick Cave's '20,000 Days on Earth' clip: Last Will and Testament revisited
- 'Dating Naked: The Wedding': Naked body painting, naked drum circle, and more we saw
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: Bet you didn't see THAT coming
- Caleb on 'Big Brother': I'd have taken Derrick to final and 'I would have won'
- 'Maze Runner': How big at the box office?