Valerie Harper, TV’s Rhoda Morgenstern from The Mary Tyler Moore Show and its spinoff, has terminal brain cancer. The 73-year-old actress told People in this week’s cover story that she learned her horrible diagnosis on Jan. 15. Her doctors concluded she had leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, a cancer complication that accelerates the spread of the illness, and has as little as three months to live. “I don’t think of dying,” Harper told the magazine. “I think of being here now.”
Valerie Harper diagnosed with terminal brain cancer
- 'SNL' preview: Third time's the charm for Jim Carrey?
- 'Blacklist' cues up Cloud Cult, more of the week's best music on TV
- Regina Spektor's 'Love Me or Leave Me' from 'Boardwalk Empire': Hear it
- Zoe Saldana on first profile in her 'My Hero' series: My mom 'really let us find our own voice'
- Comic-book collecting: What draws you to it?
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season