Valerie Harper, TV’s Rhoda Morgenstern from The Mary Tyler Moore Show and its spinoff, has terminal brain cancer. The 73-year-old actress told People in this week’s cover story that she learned her horrible diagnosis on Jan. 15. Her doctors concluded she had leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, a cancer complication that accelerates the spread of the illness, and has as little as three months to live. “I don’t think of dying,” Harper told the magazine. “I think of being here now.”
Valerie Harper diagnosed with terminal brain cancer
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman EW portraits
- Jenny Slate booked for 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' season premiere
- 'Interstellar': Comic-Con trailer lands online
- 'Divergent' disturbing deleted scene: Get an eyeful
- Daniel Radcliffe: How Spider-Man let him be a fly on the wall in S.D.
- 'Peter Pan': Let's make it a full-on 'Girls' night out
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln on Rick juggling brutality/humanity
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- Allison Williams to play Peter Pan in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live'
- TV Land orders Jim Gaffigan's CBS sitcom pilot to series
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- Paramount deletes tweet of Australian 'TMNT' poster amid 9/11 controversy