People reports that veteran journalist Barbara Walters was hospitalized on Saturday night, after falling on steps during a pre-inauguration party at the British Ambassador’s residence. The 83-year-old Walters cut her forehead and was taken to a hospital immediately. She appeared in good spirits after the fall, but a spokesman for ABC tells EW that Walters remains in the hospital under observation. As a result, Walters will not be able to contribute as planned to ABC News’ inauguration coverage.
Barbara Walters hospitalized after a fall
- 'Transcendence': EW movie review
- 'Heaven Is for Real': EW movie review
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
- Alice Cooper: Welcome to his nightmare (at Tribeca)
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch how it starts
- 'Workaholics' guy visits Pawnee
- 'American Idol' recap: Alabama shaky
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: 'Go It Alone'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch the gripping first three minutes before Tribeca -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: We're All In This Alone