People reports that veteran journalist Barbara Walters was hospitalized on Saturday night, after falling on steps during a pre-inauguration party at the British Ambassador’s residence. The 83-year-old Walters cut her forehead and was taken to a hospital immediately. She appeared in good spirits after the fall, but a spokesman for ABC tells EW that Walters remains in the hospital under observation. As a result, Walters will not be able to contribute as planned to ABC News’ inauguration coverage.
Barbara Walters hospitalized after a fall
- 'True Detective' season 1 finale: Our verdict
- 'Game of Thrones': 'answer injustice...with justice'
- 'SNL' host poll: How'd Lena Dunham do?
- 'Simpsons' tribute to Marcia Wallace
- 'Maron' season 2: More guests, two new photos
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Alone'
- 'True Detective': Let's cast season 2
- '24: Live Another Day' teaser: Jack vs. assassin
Top 5 Most Read
- 'True Detective' season finale: What happened? -- SPOILERS
- 'True Detective' finale review: Truth, justice, and the satisfying…
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- 'The Walking Dead' recap: All Tracks Lead to Terminus
- New 'Game of Thrones' trailer: 'Do you know what they did to my brother? And my mother?' -- VIDEO