People reports that veteran journalist Barbara Walters was hospitalized on Saturday night, after falling on steps during a pre-inauguration party at the British Ambassador’s residence. The 83-year-old Walters cut her forehead and was taken to a hospital immediately. She appeared in good spirits after the fall, but a spokesman for ABC tells EW that Walters remains in the hospital under observation. As a result, Walters will not be able to contribute as planned to ABC News’ inauguration coverage.
Barbara Walters hospitalized after a fall
- Grammy nominations: 9 snubs/surprises
- Grammys 2014 nominees are...
- 'Downton Abbey' U.K. Xmas special: Spoilery teaser
- 'HIMYM,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Grammy Nominations Concert': Your take?
- 'Sound of Music': Movie's Von Trapp kids say...
- 'Sound of Music': Laura Benanti on big night
- Music on TV: What was THAT song?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Sound of Music' ratings soar: NBC's biggest Thursday in 4 years
- Grammy Nominations 2014: See the list of nominees
- 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'How I Met Your Mother,' 'Revolution,' 'Supernatural': Find out what's next in the Spoiler Room
- 'Family Guy': What's next for Brian
- Disney acquires rights for future 'Indiana Jones' films