People reports that veteran journalist Barbara Walters was hospitalized on Saturday night, after falling on steps during a pre-inauguration party at the British Ambassador’s residence. The 83-year-old Walters cut her forehead and was taken to a hospital immediately. She appeared in good spirits after the fall, but a spokesman for ABC tells EW that Walters remains in the hospital under observation. As a result, Walters will not be able to contribute as planned to ABC News’ inauguration coverage.
Barbara Walters hospitalized after a fall
- 'Bachelorette' recap: STAHP in the name of love
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- 'Goldfinch' movie rights go to...
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay': First teaser trailer
- 'Leftovers': The last straw
- Comic-Con 2014: All the stars at the EW Hideout
- 'Game of Thrones': Epic season 4 blooper reel
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 565
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 302
- The house (un)divided 321
- Video: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' trailer unlocks the key 288
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 270