People reports that veteran journalist Barbara Walters was hospitalized on Saturday night, after falling on steps during a pre-inauguration party at the British Ambassador’s residence. The 83-year-old Walters cut her forehead and was taken to a hospital immediately. She appeared in good spirits after the fall, but a spokesman for ABC tells EW that Walters remains in the hospital under observation. As a result, Walters will not be able to contribute as planned to ABC News’ inauguration coverage.
Barbara Walters hospitalized after a fall
- 'SNL': How'd Cameron Diaz do?
- Tyler James Williams' 'Walking Dead' preview: 'We're going back to get the squad'
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- Stephen Merchant answers burning Q's about 'Hello Ladies: The Movie' (including THAT cameo)
- 20 platonic movie/TV power couples
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': A movie, or just an extended prologue for the movie yet to come?
- 'Mockingjay': Hear Jennifer Lawrence sing 'The Hanging Tree'
Top 5 Most Read
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Bodies of Work: 49 Unforgettable Nude Scenes
- Cameron Diaz hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend -- talk about it here!
- Bobby Moynihan: Drunk Uncle, Aunt Linda, and Stefon are one big family
- Friday box office: everyone's going to see 'Mockingjay'