Ned Wertimer, best known for his role as Ralph Hart the doorman on all 11 seasons of The Jeffersons, has died at age 89 from complications following a fall in his Burbank home in late November, his manager said in a statement provided to EW Tuesday. Wertimer got his start in the ’60s — acting on Broadway and in the puppet series The Shari Lewis Show — before moving to L.A. His last on-screen appearance was as a pirate in 2007’s Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End.
Ned Wertimer of 'The Jeffersons' dies at 89
- 'Ghostbusters' director shows us who he's gonna call
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's Anatomy': 'we need an infusion of men'
- 'Grim Fandango Remastered' creator Tim Schafer talks the adventure-game revival
- 'Fantastic Four' teaser: Freezing frames and looking for clues
- Rhea Seehorn wasn't a 'Bad' girl, but now she's all about doing 'Better' for Vince Gilligan
- TV pilots now in the works for fall 2015--do you spot any winners?
- Chris Pratt talked about as Indiana Jones: Good idea or bad idea?
- 'X-Men'/Storm; 'Battlestar Galactica'; 'American Sniper' give-and-take in Geekly mailbag