Ned Wertimer, best known for his role as Ralph Hart the doorman on all 11 seasons of The Jeffersons, has died at age 89 from complications following a fall in his Burbank home in late November, his manager said in a statement provided to EW Tuesday. Wertimer got his start in the ’60s — acting on Broadway and in the puppet series The Shari Lewis Show — before moving to L.A. His last on-screen appearance was as a pirate in 2007’s Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End.
Ned Wertimer of 'The Jeffersons' dies at 89
- Oscar buzz: Sizing up the contenders after Toronto
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- Ernie Hudson tells us 'Ghostbusters' stories at key NYC locations
- Danai Gurira talks 'Walking Dead': 'The Michonne wig transforms me'
- 'Big Brother' eviction: 3 Q's for Julie Chen
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani rise to Jimmy Fallon's lip sync challenge
- 'Voice' preview: 'Oprah, Yoda, and Quincy Jones in a blender is literally Pharrell'
- 'Big Brother'; 'Red Band Society'; 'Top Chef Duels' recaps
Top 5 Most Read
- Insiders predict which new shows will be hits (and flops)
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- Frankie of 'Big Brother' says he does not regret pushing the Rewind button and wants to marry Zach
- 'Big Brother' recap: Red Dead Beast Mode
- '7th Heaven' cast, minus Ruthie, reunites