Good Morning America weather anchor Sam Champion married longtime partner Rubem Robierb on Friday afternoon, People reports. The couple met three years ago and were engaged in October. The GMA team sent well wishes on the air to the couple Friday morning and Robin Roberts, Lara Spencer, and Josh Elliot attended the small ceremony. “This is the legal moment that we wanted to celebrate with friends and family and loved ones,” Champion said, noting that there will be a larger wedding party to follow. Champion’s wedding is among the highest-profile same-sex unions to take place in New York since the state legalized same-sex marriage in July 2011.
'GMA' weather anchor Sam Champion marries
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': 10 things Andy Serkis can say now
- Celebs on Twitter urge fans to see 'The Interview' to support free speech
- 2015 Preview: See new EW cover
- 'Mythbusters' to put 'Simpsons' to the test: 'We ended up building two replicas of the Springfield house'
- 'Orphan Black' season 3's first photo, with intel on what's in it from series creator Graeme Manson
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live read: Aaron Paul as Luke, J.K. Simmons as Vader
- 'Game of Thrones' teases fans with short, mysterious look at season 5
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst previews finale, names two odds-on favorites to win
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Voice' Season 7 winner is...
- 'The Voice' season finale recap: Live Finale
- Jason Reitman re-staging 'The Empire Strikes Back' with Aaron…
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst names the two favorites to win heading into tonight's finale
- Check out the exclusive first 'Orphan Black' season 3 image (with intel from creator Graeme Manson)