Good Morning America weather anchor Sam Champion married longtime partner Rubem Robierb on Friday afternoon, People reports. The couple met three years ago and were engaged in October. The GMA team sent well wishes on the air to the couple Friday morning and Robin Roberts, Lara Spencer, and Josh Elliot attended the small ceremony. “This is the legal moment that we wanted to celebrate with friends and family and loved ones,” Champion said, noting that there will be a larger wedding party to follow. Champion’s wedding is among the highest-profile same-sex unions to take place in New York since the state legalized same-sex marriage in July 2011.
'GMA' weather anchor Sam Champion marries
- 'Gone Girl' review: Put it on the 'A' list
- 'Friends' A to Z: Saluting a TV classic on its 20th anniversary
- 'Saturday Night Live' cast changes: Tracking 40 years of turnover
- Andrew J. West (a.k.a. mysterious baddie Gareth) talks 'Walking Dead'
- Jeff Probst's 'Survivor' scouting report: 3 pairs to keep an eye on
- 'Good Wife'; 'Boardwalk Empire'; 'Masters of Sex'; 'Real Housewives of N.J.'; 'Outlander'; 'Doctor Who' recaps
- 10 essential graphic novels that have faced bans and challenges
- 'Sleepy Hollow' sneak peek: Ichabod Crane meets a naked Ben Franklin