20th Century Fox has announced that it is canceling planned events before and after today’s premiere of the Billy Crystal-Bette Midler comedy Parental Guidance, following yesterday’s shooting incident in Connecticut. In a statement, a spokesperson for the studio said, “In light of the horrific tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut we are canceling the red carpet press event and the after party for the Parental Guidance premiere, scheduled today in downtown Los Angeles. The hearts of all involved with this film go out to the victims, their families, their community, and our entire nation in mourning.”
Fox cancels 'Parental Guidance' premiere events following shooting tragedy
- 'Orange Is the New Black' is on the new EW cover
- Laura Prepon on 'Orange': 'Alex fits me like a glove'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': Watch how season 2 starts
- Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty': Purr-plexed?
- HBO shows coming to Amazon Prime
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- John Green set to talk 'Fault' at BookCon panel
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 589
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 469
- Slaves to Love 453
- The Man Who Could Not Stand Still 494
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO