A piano featured in the classic 1942 Humphrey Bogart film Casablanca sold at Sotheby’s in New York Friday for $602,500, according to NBC News. The auction house had previously sold the prop for $154,000 in 1988, and this time around had set a pre-sale estimate of $800,000 to $1.2m. Sotheby’s did not name the purchaser.
'Casablanca' piano sells at auction for more than $600,000
- 'Fargo' premiere: Martin Freeman talks THAT scene
- Movie-inspired TV: Best/worst
- TV stars with multiple signature roles
- Fargo? Twin Peaks? Movie/TV surreal estate guide
- 'New Girl' recap: 'Big News'
- 'Voice' recap: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's Kaufman!
- 'Originals' react: 'The Big Uneasy'
- 'Mindy Project' recap: The case of the missing scarf
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Game of Thrones': Jack Gleeson talks royal wedding shocker -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Paul Walker's brothers joining production
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: Like Disney on Ice (But Without the Ice!)
- George R.R. Martin on why [spoiler] died THAT way -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Mad Men' returns to lowest premiere in years