A piano featured in the classic 1942 Humphrey Bogart film Casablanca sold at Sotheby’s in New York Friday for $602,500, according to NBC News. The auction house had previously sold the prop for $154,000 in 1988, and this time around had set a pre-sale estimate of $800,000 to $1.2m. Sotheby’s did not name the purchaser.
'Casablanca' piano sells at auction for more than $600,000
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- DC Comics characters we'd invite to the 'Arrow'/'Flash' party
- 'The Quest' premiere: Bored game
- Comic-Con: Why Team 'Twilight' made it better
- Chris Hardwick shares his Comic-Con '14 photo diary
- 'Doctor Who': 12 episodes you'd pick to get a newbie hooked
- 'Bachelor In Paradise': Ben Scott's deleted 'redemption story' clip
- Ben Stiller's 'Running Wild with Bear Grylls': A sneak peek