The Associated Press reports that Britain’s royal family is seeking legal action to prevent a French tabloid from continuing to publish topless photos of Kate Middleton. Lawyers for the crown will go to court in France, where privacy laws are famously strict, to ask for an injunction against the Italian conglomerate that publishes French tabloid Closer, which ran stealthily-obtained paparazzi photos of Middleton sunbathing topless on vacation in Provence. No such suit has been filed against an Irish magazine that also ran the photos. Palace officials took no legal action last month when a British tabloid printed photos of Prince Harry cavorting naked in a Las Vegas hotel.
Royal family to sue over topless Kate Middleton photos
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Fargo' recap: 'The Rooster Prince'
- 'Supernatural' spin-off: First trailer
- Neil Patrick Harris on B'way in 'Hedwig': EW review
- 'Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist
- 'Voice' recap: And then there were 10
- 'Faking It' series premiere: MTV's faux lesbians
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO