The Associated Press reports that Britain’s royal family is seeking legal action to prevent a French tabloid from continuing to publish topless photos of Kate Middleton. Lawyers for the crown will go to court in France, where privacy laws are famously strict, to ask for an injunction against the Italian conglomerate that publishes French tabloid Closer, which ran stealthily-obtained paparazzi photos of Middleton sunbathing topless on vacation in Provence. No such suit has been filed against an Irish magazine that also ran the photos. Palace officials took no legal action last month when a British tabloid printed photos of Prince Harry cavorting naked in a Las Vegas hotel.
Royal family to sue over topless Kate Middleton photos
- 'Big Brother' recap: Evicted houseguest is...
- 'Project Runway' recap: 'It's a Nice Day for a Rock Wedding'
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'Walking Dead': New EW character portraits
- 'Walking Dead' season 5: First Look photos
- 'Big Bang Theory' scoop: Sheldon's train took him to...
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: WHAT is in that cage?
- Marvel has a 'Strange' feeling about Joaquin Phoenix