The Associated Press reports that Britain’s royal family is seeking legal action to prevent a French tabloid from continuing to publish topless photos of Kate Middleton. Lawyers for the crown will go to court in France, where privacy laws are famously strict, to ask for an injunction against the Italian conglomerate that publishes French tabloid Closer, which ran stealthily-obtained paparazzi photos of Middleton sunbathing topless on vacation in Provence. No such suit has been filed against an Irish magazine that also ran the photos. Palace officials took no legal action last month when a British tabloid printed photos of Prince Harry cavorting naked in a Las Vegas hotel.
Royal family to sue over topless Kate Middleton photos
- 'Orphan Black' showrunners on THAT return...
- 'Orphan Black' shocker: Tatiana Maslany says...
- 'Godzilla' promo: See the monster roar
- Prince surprises fans with a new single
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- Gwen Stefani + 'The Voice'? Sound good to you?
- Clones! Doppelgangers! Twins! 23 movie/TV multiples
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
Top 5 Most Read
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- Mara Wilson has 'no interest' in 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel
- New 'Godzilla' trailer: See the monster roar -- VIDEO
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Orphan Black': The creators discuss the shocking return of [SPOILER]