The Associated Press reports that Britain’s royal family is seeking legal action to prevent a French tabloid from continuing to publish topless photos of Kate Middleton. Lawyers for the crown will go to court in France, where privacy laws are famously strict, to ask for an injunction against the Italian conglomerate that publishes French tabloid Closer, which ran stealthily-obtained paparazzi photos of Middleton sunbathing topless on vacation in Provence. No such suit has been filed against an Irish magazine that also ran the photos. Palace officials took no legal action last month when a British tabloid printed photos of Prince Harry cavorting naked in a Las Vegas hotel.
Royal family to sue over topless Kate Middleton photos
- 'Birdman' wins Best Cast, Movies, at SAG Awards; see full list of honorees
- Emma Watson cast as Belle in live-action musical 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Miss Universe 2015: 10 out of this world moments
- SAG Awards 2015: 10 favorite speeches
- SAG Awards 2015: Red carpet arrivals
- 'Obvious Child': Nominated for...nothing?
- 'How to Get Away With Murder' sneak peek: 'See you in court, kids'
- 'Outlander' returns in April--but you can see comeback episode's first scene here now