A copyright infringement lawsuit could halt Night Moves, an indie drama that is set to begin production this fall with Kelly Reichardt (Meek’s Cutoff) directing Jesse Eisenberg, Peter Sarsgaard, and Dakota Fanning. Night Moves focuses on a gang of environmental activists out to blow up a dam, a plot similar to the story of Edward Abbey’s 1975 novel The Monkey Wrench Gang. According to court documents obtained by Deadline, Edward’s widow, Clarke, and Edward Pressman Films own the film options for the book, and they filed suit on Sept. 13 in Los Angeles, claiming that Night Moves is an unauthorized adaptation of The Monkey Wrench Gang. The suit asks for an injunction to stop production on Night Moves as well as unspecified damages from Reichardt, her screenwriting partner Jonathan Raymond, and executive producers Todd Haynes, among others involved in the film.
Jesse Eisenberg-Dakota Fanning movie hit with lawsuit
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'Big Brother'; 'Project Runway': TV recaps
- 'Parks and Rec' gag reel: Don't miss your chance to see Ron Swanson dance
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 'Criminal Minds' plans tribute to Meshach Taylor
- Jonathan Lipnicki, a.k.a. the 'Jerry Maguire' kid, has some fun in 'You Used To Be Cute'
- 13 tell-tale signs it's from Frank Miller
- 'Simpsons' writers share 15 tips to survive your 12-day marathon session
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- 'Mythbusters' reveal Comic-Con costume, show how to make Indiana Jones' bullwhip
- 'Dating Naked' trailer: And you thought Tinder was brutal (NSFW)
- Former child star Jonathan Lipnicki is all grown up in 'You Used To Be Cute'