Troubled reality TV star Joey Kovar, who appeared on The Real World: Hollywood and Celebrity Rehab 3, was found dead this morning in a house outside of Chicago. According to the Chicago Ridge Police Department’s incident report, an ambulance was called to a house in Bedford Park, Illinois. Paramedics arrived to find Kovar deceased. An autopsy is pending. Kovar had struggled with substance abuse for many years, and actually entered rehab during his season of Real World; later, on Celebrity Rehab, he openly discussed his issues with cocaine and ecstasy. Kovar is the fourth Celebrity Rehab participant to die in the last year and a half, after Jeff Conaway, Mike Starr, and Rodney King. He was 29.
Aug 17 2012 04:30 PM ET
'Real World' and 'Celebrity Rehab' star Joey Kovar found dead
- 'DWTS' poll: Who deserves to win?
- 'Voice' dedicates song to tornado victims
- CBS takes 2012-13 ratings crown from Fox
- Bon Jovi to Bieber: Don't be late!
- 'Mortal Instruments' film now due Aug. 21
- 'Behind the Candelabra': Cannes review
- 'X Factor': Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio in
- 'Wolverine' trailer: Logan broods, fights