The Los Angeles prosecutor announced Friday that comedic actor Fred Willard—who was arrested Wednesday night on suspicion of a lewd public act in an adult theater—will not face jail time. It was also revealed that Willard had been arrested previously on a lewd conduct charge in 1990, The Los Angeles Times reports, although no details of the earlier arrest were released. Instead of facing a criminal filing, the Best in Show actor will be able to enroll in a “pre-filing diversion program.”
Jul 21 2012 11:55 AM ET
Fred Willard will not face jail time, has a previous lewd conduct arrest
- Oklahoma fund-raiser on NBC May 29
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- Stone Temple Pilots suit vs. Scott Weiland
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'Arrested Development': Ask the 'kids'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!