The Los Angeles prosecutor announced Friday that comedic actor Fred Willard—who was arrested Wednesday night on suspicion of a lewd public act in an adult theater—will not face jail time. It was also revealed that Willard had been arrested previously on a lewd conduct charge in 1990, The Los Angeles Times reports, although no details of the earlier arrest were released. Instead of facing a criminal filing, the Best in Show actor will be able to enroll in a “pre-filing diversion program.”
Fred Willard will not face jail time, has a previous lewd conduct arrest
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 31 scariest movies of all time: Chris Nashawaty's picks
- 17 creepiest TV shows
- 'How to Get Away With Murder': Talk about 'Freakin' Whack-a-Mole' surprises
- 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'Graceland'; more TV recaps
- 'Modern Family' Halloween: Welcome to AwesomeLand
- Maggie Gyllenhaal and Ewan McGregor in 'The Real Thing': EW stage review
Top 5 Most Read
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- This week's cover: First look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- 'Game of Thrones' cast signs on for 7th season, for a reportedly 'huge' raise