Celebrated bluegrass musician Doc Watson was admitted to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem last week — and according to a message posted on the website of Folklore Productions International, he remains in critical condition following colon surgery. The Grammy-winning flatpicker — born Arthel Watson — was injured after falling in his Deep Gap home. The 89-year-old Watson received a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Grammys in 2004; he also received a National Medal of Arts in 1997.
Doc Watson's condition still critical
- 'Scandal': 10 most shocking twists
- 'Scandal' finale drinking game? It's handled!
- 'Transcendence' at box office?
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 'Girls' season 4 photos: Hmmm... look who's together
- 'Survivor' exit: 'I can't explain anything Tony does'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' First Look: It's 'the Cellist'!
- 'Parks and Rec': Mum's (or is that mom?) the word!