Celebrated bluegrass musician Doc Watson was admitted to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem last week — and according to a message posted on the website of Folklore Productions International, he remains in critical condition following colon surgery. The Grammy-winning flatpicker — born Arthel Watson — was injured after falling in his Deep Gap home. The 89-year-old Watson received a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Grammys in 2004; he also received a National Medal of Arts in 1997.
Doc Watson's condition still critical
- 'Game of Thrones': Jonathan Pryce, 8 more join cast
- 'Game of Thrones': Epic season 4 blooper reel
- Cosplay at Comic-Con '14: Day 2
- 'Gracepoint': New poster, David Tennant promo clip
- 'Walking Dead' season 5 trailer: Negotiating Terminus
- 'Big Bang' at Comic-Con: Who's got the ape mask?
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 1
- Comic-Con '14: See who's in EW's Social Photo Booth