Celebrated bluegrass musician Doc Watson was admitted to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem last week — and according to a message posted on the website of Folklore Productions International, he remains in critical condition following colon surgery. The Grammy-winning flatpicker — born Arthel Watson — was injured after falling in his Deep Gap home. The 89-year-old Watson received a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Grammys in 2004; he also received a National Medal of Arts in 1997.
Doc Watson's condition still critical
- 'Project Runway' finale recap: And the winner is...
- 'Grey’s Anatomy': Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'How to Get Away With Murder'; 'Grey's Anatomy; 'Scandal'; more TV recaps
- 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; 'Parenthood'; 'Gracepoint'; more TV recaps
- Taylor Swift's '1989' review: Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': 17 GIFs that keep on giving
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- Zach Galifianakis gets a little too real with Brad Pitt on 'Between Two Ferns'