A new interview with Emmy-winning actor Jim Parsons has officially revealed that he is gay. The New York Times’ profile of the Big Bang Theory star mentions Parsons’ sexuality near the end of the article. The profile also reveals that he has been in a relationship for 10 years. Parsons played a gay activist in Broadway’s revival of The Normal Heart last year; he is scheduled to reprise the role in Ryan Murphy’s upcoming film adaptation of the play. Parsons will star in a Broadway revival of Harvey this summer.
Jim Parsons comes out
- 'Big Brother' sneak peek: Zingbot needs a Kathy Griffin-tervention
- 'Sin City 2' featurette: Making the greenscreen scene
- #DontKillSeanBean: 'Legends' star on his mastery of on-screen demise
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter reveals how many club members will die
- 'Utopia': Meet the cast of new reality series
- EWwy Awards 2014 winners are...
- Lindsay Lohan selfie with Tina Fey teases EW's fall 'Mean Girls' reunion
- Angelina Jolie on 'Unbroken': Telling Louis Zamperini's story 'a giant responsibility'
Top 5 Most Read
- Stephanie Jacobsen joins 'NCIS'... as a love interest for DiNozzo?
- Angelina Jolie on 'Unbroken': This story is 'a giant responsibility'
- David Letterman airs Robin Williams tribute
- 'Sons of Anarchy' gets official book -- and series finale air date
- Love it or loathe it? EW debates Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off'