Paul McCartney and New York businesswoman Nancy Shevell were married in a ceremony at the Old Marylebone Town Hall in London today, People reports. The former Beatle, 69, and Shevell, 51, began dating four years ago and got engaged this past May. This is the third marriage for McCartney, who divorced Heather Mills in 2008. His first marriage, to Linda McCartney, lasted 29 years until her death from cancer in 1998. People reports that the groom’s 7-year-old daughter, Beatrice, served as the flower girl, and guests included Ringo Starr and his wife, Barbara Bach; George Harrison’s widow, Olivia; and Shevell’s cousin, Barbara Walters. Today is a date of significance on Beatles fans’ calendar for another reason: It’s the day McCartney’s late bandmate and songwriting partner John Lennon would have turned 71.
Paul McCartney weds New York businesswoman Nancy Shevell
- Gwen Stefani + 'The Voice'? Sound good to you?
- Clones! Doppelgangers! Twins! 23 movie/TV multiples
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- Record Store Day: Droolworthy discs
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Office' series finale: Handled with Carell
- 'Animal': Feast your eyes on horror poster/trailer
Top 5 Most Read
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'