Commercials director and visual effects specialist Michael Gracey will direct Disney’s Snow White revisionist feature, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The live-action project, now called The Order of the Seven, has been in the works since 2002. This film — which, to be clear, has nothing to do with either Universal’s upcoming Snow White and the Huntsman (starring Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron) or Relativity’s still-untitled Snow White film (starring Lily Collins and Julia Roberts) — will be set in China and “is evolving into an original action film, with the Snow White elements being minimized.”
Disney picks director for live-action 'Snow White' movie
- 'The Voice' recap: Sleepy semifinal
- 15 blasts from the past in '13: Winners/losers
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' baroness, dies
- 'Community' season 5: First trailer is here!
- 'Fifty Shades' pic: Anastasia kisses Christian
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' role for Callum Keith Rennie
- 'Mentalist': A (SPOILER!) for Lisbon?
- Britney's 'Chaotic' revisited: 5 cringeworthy clips