Police in Beverly Hills have officially closed the Ronni Chasen murder case, according to the Beverly Hills Courier. The Hollywood publicist, who was killed Nov. 16 following a premiere party for Burlesque, was murdered with a gun stolen from a police officer during a burglary. Though some theories following Chasen’s murder pointed to a hit man, Harold Martin Smith — the ex-con suspect in the case who killed himself in December — was not a professional. Instead, the crime scene appeared to indicate an attempted robbery or road rage took place.
Ronni Chasen murder case officially closed
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 31 scariest movies of all time: Chris Nashawaty's picks
- 17 creepiest TV shows
- 'How to Get Away With Murder': Talk about 'Freakin' Whack-a-Mole' surprises
- 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'Graceland'; more TV recaps
- 'Modern Family' Halloween: Welcome to AwesomeLand
- Maggie Gyllenhaal and Ewan McGregor in 'The Real Thing': EW stage review
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Get an exclusive first look at 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' movie rights acquired by Universal and Focus Features