Police in Beverly Hills have officially closed the Ronni Chasen murder case, according to the Beverly Hills Courier. The Hollywood publicist, who was killed Nov. 16 following a premiere party for Burlesque, was murdered with a gun stolen from a police officer during a burglary. Though some theories following Chasen’s murder pointed to a hit man, Harold Martin Smith — the ex-con suspect in the case who killed himself in December — was not a professional. Instead, the crime scene appeared to indicate an attempted robbery or road rage took place.
Ronni Chasen murder case officially closed
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops
- 'Star Wars' trailer wish list: VII things we hope to see
- Thanksgiving Day Parade: How'd it look to you?
- 'How to Get Away with Murder’ team on the pre-reveal killer theories they liked best
- 10 Thanksgivings with 'Friends'
- 10 movies that serve up memorable Thanksgivings
- Retire? Liars! 12 musical acts who said goodbye... doesn't mean forever
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst (plus a tease and deleted scene)