Police in Beverly Hills have officially closed the Ronni Chasen murder case, according to the Beverly Hills Courier. The Hollywood publicist, who was killed Nov. 16 following a premiere party for Burlesque, was murdered with a gun stolen from a police officer during a burglary. Though some theories following Chasen’s murder pointed to a hit man, Harold Martin Smith — the ex-con suspect in the case who killed himself in December — was not a professional. Instead, the crime scene appeared to indicate an attempted robbery or road rage took place.
Ronni Chasen murder case officially closed
- 'Supernatural' spinoff gets new title
- '300: Rise of an Empire' is No. 1 Friday: $17.7M
- 'Bachelor': Clare and Juan Pablo find wedding song?
- 27 DreamWorks animated movies: We rank 'em
- 10 signs you're watching a Wes Anderson movie
- 'Vampire Diaries': A salute to Katherine
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- Jon Favreau's 'Chef': Tasty starter for SXSW
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Reign': Are the uncensored sex scenes all that different?
- Second time around: TV stars who reprised iconic roles
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Dr. Burke returns to 'Grey's Anatomy': What will happen?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Say goodbye to Katherine Pierce by reliving some of her best moments -- VIDEO