Police in Beverly Hills have officially closed the Ronni Chasen murder case, according to the Beverly Hills Courier. The Hollywood publicist, who was killed Nov. 16 following a premiere party for Burlesque, was murdered with a gun stolen from a police officer during a burglary. Though some theories following Chasen’s murder pointed to a hit man, Harold Martin Smith — the ex-con suspect in the case who killed himself in December — was not a professional. Instead, the crime scene appeared to indicate an attempted robbery or road rage took place.
Ronni Chasen murder case officially closed
- 'Maze Runner' finds its way to $11M on Friday
- Kim Kardashian as clingy extra-terrestrial hairball on 'American Dad': First Look
- 'Sleepy Hollow' sneak peek: Ichabod Crane meets a naked Ben Franklin
- 'This Is Where I Leave You' director Shawn Levy: 'I would love to live in this movie forever'
- J.Lo and Iggy Azalea extend the Summer of Butts with 'Booty' remix video
- 'Once Upon a Time' boss on 'Frozen' references: 'We want it to feel organic'
- 'Super Smash Bros.': The best/worst thing ever to happen to Nintendo
- 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Castle,' more fresh TV spoilers
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Into the Woods' character names not getting Disney makeover (Updated)
- 'Once Upon a Time': Will Elsa 'Let It Go'? Or build a snowman?
- J-Lo and Iggy continue the Summer of Butts with 'Booty' remix video
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Castle' and more