Police in Beverly Hills have officially closed the Ronni Chasen murder case, according to the Beverly Hills Courier. The Hollywood publicist, who was killed Nov. 16 following a premiere party for Burlesque, was murdered with a gun stolen from a police officer during a burglary. Though some theories following Chasen’s murder pointed to a hit man, Harold Martin Smith — the ex-con suspect in the case who killed himself in December — was not a professional. Instead, the crime scene appeared to indicate an attempted robbery or road rage took place.
Ronni Chasen murder case officially closed
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 1
- Comic-Con '14 through YOUR lens: Day 1
- Comic-Con '14: Celebs make the rounds, day 1
- 'Interstellar' brings Christopher Nolan to Comic-Con
- 'Reign' sneak peek: Black Death hits France
- 'Hannibal' yuks it up: Season 2 blooper reel
- 'Star Wars Rebels' First Look: Inquisitor in action
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Hannibal' new blooper reel plus season 3 scoop
- 'Downton Abbey' looks to bounce back from season 4 (Updated)
- Here's how 'Supernatural' star Misha Collins is breaking world records
- Christopher Nolan and Matthew McConaughey make Comic-Con debut with 'Interstellar'
- The 'Fifty Shades of Grey' trailer has arrived