Police in Beverly Hills have officially closed the Ronni Chasen murder case, according to the Beverly Hills Courier. The Hollywood publicist, who was killed Nov. 16 following a premiere party for Burlesque, was murdered with a gun stolen from a police officer during a burglary. Though some theories following Chasen’s murder pointed to a hit man, Harold Martin Smith — the ex-con suspect in the case who killed himself in December — was not a professional. Instead, the crime scene appeared to indicate an attempted robbery or road rage took place.
Ronni Chasen murder case officially closed
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- 'Colbert Report' swan song as graceful as it gets
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see
- 'White Collar': Perfect 'Au Revoir' to our favorite con artist?
- Stephen Colbert's 6 most awkward in-character interviews
- 'Suits' promo reveals Louis' next move
- People Magazine Awards: 5 best moments
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Colbert Report' wraps up with an immortal, star-studded finale
- Louis' next move revealed in 'Suits' promo -- exclusive
- 'People' names Kate Upton 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- 'White Collar' series finale: The perfect goodbye to our favorite con artist
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln talks 'cruel' twist and reveals the true meaning behind the 'shut…