Police in Beverly Hills have officially closed the Ronni Chasen murder case, according to the Beverly Hills Courier. The Hollywood publicist, who was killed Nov. 16 following a premiere party for Burlesque, was murdered with a gun stolen from a police officer during a burglary. Though some theories following Chasen’s murder pointed to a hit man, Harold Martin Smith — the ex-con suspect in the case who killed himself in December — was not a professional. Instead, the crime scene appeared to indicate an attempted robbery or road rage took place.
Ronni Chasen murder case officially closed
- 'Walking Dead' midseason finale: Who won't survive?
- 'Hunger Games' costar Willow Shields on her Comic-Con fan-girl moment
- Worst sitcom title ever? We might have a new contender
- 'True Detective' roles for Rachel McAdams, Taylor Kitsch, Kelly Reilly
- Angelina Jolie and Jack O'Connell are 'Unbroken': See new EW cover
- Broadway star Tavi Gevinson picks her fave books; we pick her brain on creativity for 'Lightbulb'
- 'Pan' First Look: Hugh Jackman as villain pirate...but don't call him Hook
- American Music Awards '14: We grade the performances