Police in Beverly Hills have officially closed the Ronni Chasen murder case, according to the Beverly Hills Courier. The Hollywood publicist, who was killed Nov. 16 following a premiere party for Burlesque, was murdered with a gun stolen from a police officer during a burglary. Though some theories following Chasen’s murder pointed to a hit man, Harold Martin Smith — the ex-con suspect in the case who killed himself in December — was not a professional. Instead, the crime scene appeared to indicate an attempted robbery or road rage took place.
Ronni Chasen murder case officially closed
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: What we saw
- Marvel adds a new piece to its teaser art puzzle: 'Inhumans: Attilan Rising'
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' recap: 'Edward Mordrake, Part 1'
- 'Survivor' recap: Resetting the game
- 'Nashville'; 'Arrow'; 'Top Chef'; 'The 100'; 'Kingdom'; more TV recaps
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- Disney animated films: Best/worst