Police in Beverly Hills have officially closed the Ronni Chasen murder case, according to the Beverly Hills Courier. The Hollywood publicist, who was killed Nov. 16 following a premiere party for Burlesque, was murdered with a gun stolen from a police officer during a burglary. Though some theories following Chasen’s murder pointed to a hit man, Harold Martin Smith — the ex-con suspect in the case who killed himself in December — was not a professional. Instead, the crime scene appeared to indicate an attempted robbery or road rage took place.
Ronni Chasen murder case officially closed
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'If I Stay' aims to evict 'Turtles' from top spot at box office
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 25 greatest TV spies ever
- Jonathan Lipnicki, a.k.a. the 'Jerry Maguire' kid, has some fun in 'You Used To Be Cute'
- Binge watcher rises to EW's 24-hour Emmy challenge, adds live Twitter commentary
- Nicki Minaj vs. Taylor Swift video showdown: Pick your winner
- 'Spider-Woman #1' comic book cover art backlash: Heroine cheek?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- Zen and the art of casting Bill Murray in your movie
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- 'Simpsons' writers explain how to survive FXX's 552-episode marathon
- Emmys 2014: Who Will Win...and Who Should