A Texas judge rejected a deal that would have allowed Willie Nelson to plead guilty to marijuana possession and pay a $500 fine, according to the Associated Press. Hudspeth County Judge Becky Dean-Walker said that she nixed the prosecutor’s offer because he “doesn’t do that for anybody else.” Nelson could face up to a year in jail for the misdemeanor marijuana possession charge, stemming from his November arrest. Nelson’s lawyer did you immediately respond to a request for comment.
Jul 7 2011 09:25 AM ET
Willie Nelson plea deal nixed
- 'Idol': Candice Glover album out July 16
- 'Criminal Minds' season finale peek
- Kardashians, the Wanted on E!: New clips
- Billy Crystal comedy in works at FX
- 'Bad Teacher' going to series at CBS
- 'DWTS': Kellie and Derek win season 16
- Kellie Pickler: 'I want to hug this room'
- 'DWTS' finale ratings dive in 18-49 demo