Last night’s Broadway performance of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying was canceled after a stagehand overdosed backstage and died, according to the New York Times. Police told the paper that the 29-year-old man — whose name is being withheld until his family can be notified — was found unconscious backstage just before the 8 p.m. show and pronounced dead at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital. The cast and crew ultimately decided they couldn’t perform, and stars Daniel Radcliffe and John Larroquette apologized to the audience from the stage.
'How to Succeed' canceled after backstage overdose
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: What we saw
- Marvel adds a new piece to its teaser art puzzle: 'Inhumans: Attilan Rising'
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' recap: 'Edward Mordrake, Part 1'
- 'Survivor' recap: Resetting the game
- 'Nashville'; 'Arrow'; 'Top Chef'; 'The 100'; 'Kingdom'; more TV recaps
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- Disney animated films: Best/worst