Last night’s Broadway performance of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying was canceled after a stagehand overdosed backstage and died, according to the New York Times. Police told the paper that the 29-year-old man — whose name is being withheld until his family can be notified — was found unconscious backstage just before the 8 p.m. show and pronounced dead at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital. The cast and crew ultimately decided they couldn’t perform, and stars Daniel Radcliffe and John Larroquette apologized to the audience from the stage.
'How to Succeed' canceled after backstage overdose
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 1
- Comic-Con 2014: All the stars at the EW Hideout
- 'Arrow' boss: 'Olicity' date is not a 'fake-out'
- 'Big Brother': 3 Q's for Julie Chen
- Comic-Con '14: Eye on day 1 panels
- 'Heroes United': Iron Man, Captain America in 'toon
- J.K. Rowling visits U.K. event as Robert Galbraith
- 'Interstellar' brings Christopher Nolan to Comic-Con
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Hannibal' new blooper reel plus season 3 scoop
- 'Downton Abbey' looks to bounce back from season 4 (Updated)
- Christopher Nolan and Matthew McConaughey make Comic-Con debut with 'Interstellar'
- Here's how 'Supernatural' star Misha Collins is breaking world records
- The 'Fifty Shades of Grey' trailer has arrived