In a five-to-four decision, the US Supreme Court ruled against Anna Nicole Smith’s heirs on Thursday, putting an end to the 15 year battle over her former husband J. Howard Marshall’s estate, reports AFP. The deceased former Playmate’s lawyer and ex-boyfriend, Howard Stern, represented Smith’s daughter Dannielynn in the $88-million claim; a small fraction of the oil baron’s estimated $1.6 billion fortune. The court ruled in favor of Marshall’s heirs, despite a California bankruptcy court’s previous decision in favor of Smith. The troubled bombshell initially said she was promised $300 million, but her daughter will now most likely never see a cent.
Anna Nicole Smith estate loses big at Supreme Court
- 'Parks and Recreation' First Look: It's Treat Yo Self 2017
- 'X-Men' TV series in early discussion stage at Fox
- 'Birdman' wins Best Cast, Movies, at SAG Awards; see full list of honorees
- Emma Watson cast as Belle in live-action musical 'Beauty and the Beast'
- David Tennant cast as villain in Netflix's 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Miss Universe 2015: 10 out of this world moments
- 'SNL' host poll: How'd Blake Shelton do?
- SAG Awards 2015: Red carpet arrivals