People saw all different things in Princess Beatrice’s Seussian wedding hat — a pretzel, a butterfly, fallopian tubes — but now, it’s difficult to imagine and not see dollar signs. The bold Philip Treacy creation went for $130,000 to an anonymous bidder in an auction on Sunday, raising money for UNICEF and Children in Crisis. “It has its own personality, and I am so happy that we have raised the most incredible amount of money and can make an even bigger change for the lives of some of the most vulnerable children across the world,” Beatrice said yesterday.
Princess Beatrice wedding hat sells for $130,000
- 'Walking Dead': See 4 new EW collector's covers
- 'Survivor': Ex-MLB pitcher John Rocker and girlfriend to play
- MTV's 'Are You the One?' season 2: Meet the cast, first twist revealed
- 'Transparent' First Look: 'Dad is a woman'
- 'Pretty Little Liars'; 'Bachelor in Paradise' recaps
- Kristin Bauer van Straten returning to 'Once Upon a Time' as Maleficent
- 'Sons of Anarchy' shares new, appropriately unsettling photos and portraits
- Chris Harrison on 'Bachelor in Paradise' episode 5 arrivals and departures
Top 5 Most Read
- New 'Sons of Anarchy' photos are appropriately unsettling
- 'True Blood' star Kristin Bauer van Straten returning to 'Once Upon a Time' for major arc
- New 'Survivor' cast boasts MLB pitcher John Rocker, Spider-Man actor, and 'Amazing Race' twins
- 'Pretty Little Liars' season finale recap: 'Taking This One to the Grave'
- Watch Sara Bareilles sing 'Smile' for the Emmys' In Memoriam segment