People saw all different things in Princess Beatrice’s Seussian wedding hat — a pretzel, a butterfly, fallopian tubes — but now, it’s difficult to imagine and not see dollar signs. The bold Philip Treacy creation went for $130,000 to an anonymous bidder in an auction on Sunday, raising money for UNICEF and Children in Crisis. “It has its own personality, and I am so happy that we have raised the most incredible amount of money and can make an even bigger change for the lives of some of the most vulnerable children across the world,” Beatrice said yesterday.
Princess Beatrice wedding hat sells for $130,000
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- 'The Bridge' canceled by FX
- 'Flash,' 'Jane the Virgin' get full season pickups from the CW
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?
- Halloween countdown/poll: 5 best zombie movies
- 'Marry Me' sneak peek: Watch Ken Marino 'eye cuddle' with Casey Wilson
- 'Blacklist'; 'DWTS'; 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; 'Originals'; 'Voice'; 'Gotham'; more recaps