People saw all different things in Princess Beatrice’s Seussian wedding hat — a pretzel, a butterfly, fallopian tubes — but now, it’s difficult to imagine and not see dollar signs. The bold Philip Treacy creation went for $130,000 to an anonymous bidder in an auction on Sunday, raising money for UNICEF and Children in Crisis. “It has its own personality, and I am so happy that we have raised the most incredible amount of money and can make an even bigger change for the lives of some of the most vulnerable children across the world,” Beatrice said yesterday.
May 23 2011 09:50 AM ET
Princess Beatrice wedding hat sells for $130,000
- 'Voice': Danielle Bradbery wins season 4
- Blake Shelton on Danielle 'Voice' win
- 'Man of Steel' guys talk THAT ending
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' top 20 is...
- Miley Cyrus all-nighter in 'We Can't Stop'
- 'Big Brother': Two twists for new season
- Cher debuts 'Woman's World' on 'Voice'
- 'Jurassic Park 4' now expected in 2015