Mary Murphy, an actress best known for starring as the virtuous teen who tried to reform a rebel (Marlon Brando) in The Wild One, has died of heart disease, the Associated Press reports. She was 80. Murphy’s career began when a Paramount talent scout discovered her at a coffee shop in the late 1940s. Her career spanned four decades and included roles opposite Tony Curtis (Beachhead) and actor/director Ray Milland (A Man Alone), as well as in TV shows including I Spy, Ironside, and Perry Mason.
May 16 2011 11:16 AM ET
'Wild One' actress Mary Murphy has died
- James Gandolfini dies at age 51
- James Gandolfini 'a genius': David Chase
- James Gandolfini dies: Tributes on Twitter
- James Gandolfini: 15 classic 'Tony' lines
- Stephen Colbert: Moving tribute to late mom
- 'Divergent' First Look: See new EW cover
- Kanye... or Lucille Bluth: Who said it?
- Kim, Kanye, and...what to name Baby 'K'?