Ernesto Sabato, Argentine intellectual and author of novels The Tunnel and On Heroes and Tombs, died Saturday of complications from bronchitis at age 99, the AP reports. In addition to his literary career, Sabato was known for leading the investigation into human rights crimes committed by Argentina’s former military dictatorship.
Apr 30 2011 01:31 PM ET
Argentine writer Ernesto Sabato dies at age 99
- 'Divergent' First Look: See new EW cover
- Sam Taylor-Johnson to direct 'Fifty Shades'
- Danielle Bradbery deal with Big Machine
- 'Voice': Danielle Bradbery wins season 4
- Cher: Mentoring singers 'would be fun'
- Terence Stamp on playing Zod: EW Radio
- Kim, Kanye, and...what to name Baby 'K'?
- Andy Samberg: 'Comedy Bang! Bang!' clip