Stephen Sondheim will be honored with a Special Award at the 2011 Olivier Awards on March 11 in London. The 80-year-old composer and lyricist first made a name for himself writing the lyrics for West Side Story. Since then, he’s produced numerous award-winning productions, including Sweeney Todd, Into the Woods, and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. The recipient of several Tony Awards, Sondheim also earned a Pulitzer Prize for Sunday in the Park With George in 1985 and an Academy Award for the song, “Sooner or Later,” from the film, Dick Tracy.
- 'Fast & Furious' vs. 'Hangover' for No. 1
- 'Simpsons': Visit Springfield (in Orlando)
- CBS: Full trailers for new fall shows
- Mary J. Blige faces $3.4M federal tax lien
- 'Intervention' canceled by A&E
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- 'SNL': Best host of 2012-13? YOU say it's...
- 'X-Men': Evan Peters in as Quiksilver