Christina Aguilera was detained last night on suspicion of public intoxication after the driver of the car she was in was arrested for driving under the influence, according to a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County sheriff’s department. The driver, Aguilera’s boyfriend, Matthew Rutler, was booked for DUI at around 2:45 a.m. after being stopped at the 1100 block of Clark Street in West Hollywood. According to a statement from the sheriff’s department, “Since she was not able to care for her safety and no one was available to ensure her safety, Aguilera was taken into custody. Sheriff’s Department officials stressed that she was not involved in any criminal activity and will be released when she can safely care for herself.”
Christina Aguilera detained for intoxication
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1' takes in $55M on Friday
- 'Hell on Wheels' star Anson Mount on sage advice from Jon Hamm, 'Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror' hell
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': A movie, or just an extended prologue for the movie yet to come?
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- 'Mockingjay': Hear Jennifer Lawrence sing 'The Hanging Tree'
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- Beyonce presents no-frills/no-pants video for new song '7/11'
- 'Homeland' casts Broadway star Victoria Clark in big surprise role
Top 5 Most Read
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Natalie Dormer advocates for more male nudity on 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Mockingjay -- Part 1': The 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- Cher cancels rest of 'Dressed to Kill' tour dates due to infection
- Adam Pally to exit 'The Mindy Project'