Christina Aguilera was detained last night on suspicion of public intoxication after the driver of the car she was in was arrested for driving under the influence, according to a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County sheriff’s department. The driver, Aguilera’s boyfriend, Matthew Rutler, was booked for DUI at around 2:45 a.m. after being stopped at the 1100 block of Clark Street in West Hollywood. According to a statement from the sheriff’s department, “Since she was not able to care for her safety and no one was available to ensure her safety, Aguilera was taken into custody. Sheriff’s Department officials stressed that she was not involved in any criminal activity and will be released when she can safely care for herself.”
Christina Aguilera detained for intoxication
- 'SNL': How'd Jim Carrey do?
- 'Doctor Who'; 'Amazing Race'; 'Constantine'; more TV recaps
- Bill Murray: 11 personas he's perfected
- 37 'sexy' Halloween costumes?
- Kids and coots: Movies' unlikeliest buddies?
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Comic-book collecting: What draws you to it?
- 'Blacklist' cues up Cloud Cult, more of the week's best music on TV
Top 5 Most Read
- Jim Carrey hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend -- talk about it here!
- 'Manhattan Love Story' canceled: First axed fall show
- Ewan McGregor has some unkind words for 'Star Wars' 'fans'
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot