Christina Aguilera was detained last night on suspicion of public intoxication after the driver of the car she was in was arrested for driving under the influence, according to a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County sheriff’s department. The driver, Aguilera’s boyfriend, Matthew Rutler, was booked for DUI at around 2:45 a.m. after being stopped at the 1100 block of Clark Street in West Hollywood. According to a statement from the sheriff’s department, “Since she was not able to care for her safety and no one was available to ensure her safety, Aguilera was taken into custody. Sheriff’s Department officials stressed that she was not involved in any criminal activity and will be released when she can safely care for herself.”
Christina Aguilera detained for intoxication
- 'True Detective' creator Nic Pizzolatto talks finale
- 'True Detective' season 1 finale: Our verdict
- 'Game of Thrones': 'answer injustice...with justice'
- Cristin Milioti: 'HIMYM' buzz on Mother's fate 'crazy'
- 'SNL' host poll: How'd Lena Dunham do?
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Alone'
- 'True Detective': Let's cast season 2
- 'Simpsons' tribute to Marcia Wallace
Top 5 Most Read
- 'True Detective' season finale: What happened? -- SPOILERS
- 'True Detective' finale review: Truth, justice, and the satisfying…
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- New 'Game of Thrones' trailer: 'Do you know what they did to my brother? And my mother?' -- VIDEO
- 'The Walking Dead' recap: All Tracks Lead to Terminus