Christina Aguilera was detained last night on suspicion of public intoxication after the driver of the car she was in was arrested for driving under the influence, according to a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County sheriff’s department. The driver, Aguilera’s boyfriend, Matthew Rutler, was booked for DUI at around 2:45 a.m. after being stopped at the 1100 block of Clark Street in West Hollywood. According to a statement from the sheriff’s department, “Since she was not able to care for her safety and no one was available to ensure her safety, Aguilera was taken into custody. Sheriff’s Department officials stressed that she was not involved in any criminal activity and will be released when she can safely care for herself.”
Christina Aguilera detained for intoxication
- 13 movie creeps: Harmless to horrifying
- Taylor Swift as an Pegacorn; Katy Perry as a Cheeto; more celeb Halloween costumes
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- J.K. Rowling digs into Dolores Umbridge in new Pottermore story
- 'Today'/'GMA' Halloween: Lara Spencer as Prince George; Hoda and Kathie Lee in Wayne's World
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies': First Look at the Bennet sisters
- 'Two and a Half Men' returns: 'Duckie's gettin' lucky'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Get an exclusive first look at 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps its series finale
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role