Christina Aguilera was detained last night on suspicion of public intoxication after the driver of the car she was in was arrested for driving under the influence, according to a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County sheriff’s department. The driver, Aguilera’s boyfriend, Matthew Rutler, was booked for DUI at around 2:45 a.m. after being stopped at the 1100 block of Clark Street in West Hollywood. According to a statement from the sheriff’s department, “Since she was not able to care for her safety and no one was available to ensure her safety, Aguilera was taken into custody. Sheriff’s Department officials stressed that she was not involved in any criminal activity and will be released when she can safely care for herself.”
Christina Aguilera detained for intoxication
- 'SNL': How'd Blake Shelton do?
- 'SNL': 10 best (and 5 worst) host/musical guests
- WWE Royal Rumbles: Ranking the worst, best, and the G.O.A.T.
- SAG Awards 2014 flashback: Remember what the stars wore last year?
- SAG Awards 2014 flashback: How we ranked last year's speeches
- 'Westworld' team on what their secretive show is about: 'the things that keep you up at night'
- Bill Maher on why 'American Sniper' is a blockbuster while 'Hurt Locker' was not
- Melissa Rauch on gymnastic sex scene in 'The Bronze' at Sundance: 'you write what you know'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Westworld' producers hint HBO's drama has great, freaky potential
- 'SNL': 10 Best (and 5 Worst) Host/Musical Guests
- Blake Shelton takes over 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- 'Big Bang Theory' star's gymnastic sex scene scores a '10' at Sundance
- Bill Maher calls 'American Sniper' Chris Kyle 'a psychopath patriot'