Less than three years after it finished its 12-year run of 5,124 performances, Rent is set to return to the New York theater scene. Producers Jeffrey Seller, Kevin McCollum, and Allan S. Gordon have announced a new off-Broadway production that will open August 11 at New World Stages. Michael Grief, who directed the show’s original off-Broadway and Broadway productions, is back, and casting begins this March. Previews are scheduled to begin July 14.
'Rent' returns off-Broadway
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'If I Stay' aims to evict 'Turtles' from top spot at box office
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 25 greatest TV spies ever
- Jonathan Lipnicki, a.k.a. the 'Jerry Maguire' kid, has some fun in 'You Used To Be Cute'
- Binge watcher rises to EW's 24-hour Emmy challenge, adds live Twitter commentary
- Nicki Minaj vs. Taylor Swift video showdown: Pick your winner
- 'Spider-Woman #1' comic book cover art backlash: Heroine cheek?