Less than three years after it finished its 12-year run of 5,124 performances, Rent is set to return to the New York theater scene. Producers Jeffrey Seller, Kevin McCollum, and Allan S. Gordon have announced a new off-Broadway production that will open August 11 at New World Stages. Michael Grief, who directed the show’s original off-Broadway and Broadway productions, is back, and casting begins this March. Previews are scheduled to begin July 14.
'Rent' returns off-Broadway
- Beyonce 'Visual Album': Preview the videos/songs
- Julia Roberts: Flowers = 'Late Show' tears
- 'House of Cards' season 2 trailer: Deadly game?
- 'Spider-Man' spin-offs: 'Venom,' 'Sinister Six'
- Tina + Amy: Darth Vader has two mommies?
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: 'Get Up, Stand Up'
- 'Scandal' recap: 'A Door Marked Exit'
- 'Vampire Diaries' recap: 'Fifty Shades of Grayson'