Less than three years after it finished its 12-year run of 5,124 performances, Rent is set to return to the New York theater scene. Producers Jeffrey Seller, Kevin McCollum, and Allan S. Gordon have announced a new off-Broadway production that will open August 11 at New World Stages. Michael Grief, who directed the show’s original off-Broadway and Broadway productions, is back, and casting begins this March. Previews are scheduled to begin July 14.
'Rent' returns off-Broadway
- Caleb on 'Big Brother': I'd have taken Derrick to final and 'I would have won'
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: Bet you didn't see THAT coming
- 'Hawaii Five-0' season premiere sneak peek: McGarrett and Danno go to therapy
- 'Dating Naked: The Wedding': Naked body painting, naked drum circle, and more we saw
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- 'Project Runway' recap: 'The History of the American Girl'
- 'Maze Runner': How big at the box office?
- 'Star Wars': It's the Millennium Falcon...and the Batmobile?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Castle' cast gets slap-happy in season 6 gag reel
- Fox is finally making 'X-Men' spinoff 'Deadpool'
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- Insiders predict which new shows will be hits (and flops)
- Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani, Jimmy Fallon face off in lip-sync battle