Less than three years after it finished its 12-year run of 5,124 performances, Rent is set to return to the New York theater scene. Producers Jeffrey Seller, Kevin McCollum, and Allan S. Gordon have announced a new off-Broadway production that will open August 11 at New World Stages. Michael Grief, who directed the show’s original off-Broadway and Broadway productions, is back, and casting begins this March. Previews are scheduled to begin July 14.
'Rent' returns off-Broadway
- 'Mr. Peabody & Sherman': EW movie review
- NIN's 'Downward Spiral': A masterwork turns 20
- 'Bachelor': Chris vs. Juan Pablo on Andi's exit
- Jimmy Kimmel puts a telenovela twist on 'Scandal'
- Benedict Cumberbatch 'T' time: 10 things we learned
- Lupita Nyong'o: Before she was famous...
- Lindsay Lohan teases 'Mean Girls' reunion
- Lacey Chabert: Call me, 'Mean Girls'!