Less than three years after it finished its 12-year run of 5,124 performances, Rent is set to return to the New York theater scene. Producers Jeffrey Seller, Kevin McCollum, and Allan S. Gordon have announced a new off-Broadway production that will open August 11 at New World Stages. Michael Grief, who directed the show’s original off-Broadway and Broadway productions, is back, and casting begins this March. Previews are scheduled to begin July 14.
'Rent' returns off-Broadway
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 'Game of Thrones' season 5: 7 rumors debunked
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- J.Lo in Vegas? 5 lessons Britney Spears taught us
- HBO comedy 'Togetherness' heads for the beach in First Look photo
- Meet Julie Meyer on new episode of EW's 'Polished': Actress gets Zen about the Hollywood grind
- Stephen Amell and Co. preview 'Arrow': Will Oliver find out about Thea-Malcolm partnership?
- 'Agents of SHIELD' First Look: Adrianne Palicki as Mockingbird