Less than three years after it finished its 12-year run of 5,124 performances, Rent is set to return to the New York theater scene. Producers Jeffrey Seller, Kevin McCollum, and Allan S. Gordon have announced a new off-Broadway production that will open August 11 at New World Stages. Michael Grief, who directed the show’s original off-Broadway and Broadway productions, is back, and casting begins this March. Previews are scheduled to begin July 14.
'Rent' returns off-Broadway
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' review: Idiots delight
- 'Big Brother' recap: Strategic moves, for argument's sake...
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' recap: Four-gone conclusion
- Brian Williams works his sources on Allison Williams news
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman EW portraits
- 'Interstellar': Comic-Con trailer lands online
- 'Divergent' disturbing deleted scene: Get an eyeful
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits