Director Peter Jackson has been released from a New Zealand hospital after undergoing surgery on Jan. 26 for a perforated ulcer. Jackson, who will start production next month on his long-awaited adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s fantasy epic The Hobbit, will continue to recuperate at home, and any delay to the start of the shoot is expected to be minimal.
'Hobbit' director Peter Jackson released from hospital
- Lena Dunham on 'SNL': It's 'Girls' night in
- 'Supernatural' spinoff gets new title
- '300: Rise of an Empire' is No. 1 Friday: $17.7M
- 'Bachelor': Clare and Juan Pablo find wedding song?
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- 8 TV stars who proved you can go home again
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 5 ideas for Dr. Burke
- 'Vampire Diaries': A salute to Katherine
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Reign': Are the uncensored sex scenes all that different?
- Second time around: TV stars who reprised iconic roles
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Dr. Burke returns to 'Grey's Anatomy': What will happen?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Say goodbye to Katherine Pierce by reliving some of her best moments -- VIDEO