On Monday, federal prosecutors recommended that Survivor champ Richard Hatch go to jail, the Associated Press reports. The reality star, who was convicted in 2006 of not paying taxes on his winnings from the show, is currently in violation of his supervised release, having not filed amended returns for 2000 and 2001. Hatch served a three-year prison sentence until 2009; he still owes $1.7 million in back taxes. The reality star claims he has not refiled due to a pending appeal with the U.S. Tax Court. Hatch’s lawyer could not be reached for contact.
Richard Hatch should go to jail, says prosecutors
- 'Survivor' recap: The Spy Who Shacked Me
- 'Arrow' react: 'Seeing Red'
- 'Arrow' boss talks 'Seeing Red' shocker
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad' as narrator
- 'Nashville' recap: Live From the Ryman
- 'Orange Is the New Black': Watch how season 2 starts
- Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty': Purr-plexed?
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 657
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 508
- Slaves to Love 466
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
- Kenya Get Your Scepter 479
Top 5 Most Read
- 'How I Met Your Mother' spin-off casts Meg Ryan
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Arrow' post mortem: Boss opens up about the shocking [spoiler]!
- A serious attempt to explain Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty' music video
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN