On Monday, federal prosecutors recommended that Survivor champ Richard Hatch go to jail, the Associated Press reports. The reality star, who was convicted in 2006 of not paying taxes on his winnings from the show, is currently in violation of his supervised release, having not filed amended returns for 2000 and 2001. Hatch served a three-year prison sentence until 2009; he still owes $1.7 million in back taxes. The reality star claims he has not refiled due to a pending appeal with the U.S. Tax Court. Hatch’s lawyer could not be reached for contact.
Richard Hatch should go to jail, says prosecutors
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Poor Little Lamb'
- 'Twilight Saga' returning with five short films on Facebook
- Tricia Helfer in Syfy's space thriller 'Ascension': First trailer
- 'Agents of SHIELD'; 'The Voice'; 'Mindy Project'; 'New Girl'; 'Utopia': Tuesday TV recaps
- 'Selfie' series premiere: Let's compare notes
- 'Manhattan Love Story': Disappointment at first sight
- Rory Gilmore Reading Project creator to dive into all 338 books named on series; 7 he's liked so far
- 'SNL': YOUR 10 all-time favorite sketches are...