On Monday, federal prosecutors recommended that Survivor champ Richard Hatch go to jail, the Associated Press reports. The reality star, who was convicted in 2006 of not paying taxes on his winnings from the show, is currently in violation of his supervised release, having not filed amended returns for 2000 and 2001. Hatch served a three-year prison sentence until 2009; he still owes $1.7 million in back taxes. The reality star claims he has not refiled due to a pending appeal with the U.S. Tax Court. Hatch’s lawyer could not be reached for contact.
Richard Hatch should go to jail, says prosecutors
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Strangers'
- 'Once Upon a Time'; 'Revenge'; 'The Affair'; 'Homeland'; more TV recaps
- 'Good Wife'; 'Boardwalk Empire'; 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'; more TV recaps
- Walking Dead': Steven Yeun talks Glenn, Maggie, Tara, and Terminus
- 'Walking Dead': Michael Cudlitz on Abraham's big push to get to D.C.
- 'Family Guy': Cookies, cough syrup, and Connie Britton in 'Baking Bad'
- 'The Simpsons': 25 best 'Treehouse of Horror' segments
- 'Manhattan' season finale: Series boss Sam Shaw answers burning Q's