On Monday, federal prosecutors recommended that Survivor champ Richard Hatch go to jail, the Associated Press reports. The reality star, who was convicted in 2006 of not paying taxes on his winnings from the show, is currently in violation of his supervised release, having not filed amended returns for 2000 and 2001. Hatch served a three-year prison sentence until 2009; he still owes $1.7 million in back taxes. The reality star claims he has not refiled due to a pending appeal with the U.S. Tax Court. Hatch’s lawyer could not be reached for contact.
Richard Hatch should go to jail, says prosecutors
- Joe Cocker, veteran rock singer, dies at 70
- 'SNL' deleted scene: Pete Davidson shows signs of his... love(?) for Amy Adams
- Merge Records at 25: Making ends meet, still playing it by ear
- JibJab mocks 2014 in new year-in-review clip
- 25 most memorable pop culture moments of 2014
- Bruce Campbell talks 'Evil Dead', Ash as a 'crabby middle-aged man...the ultimate anti-hero'
- 'Mishaps in Space': A supercut of intergalactic uh-ohs at the movies
- George Clooney, a.k.a., Lord Hollywood, visits 'Downton Abbey'; watch Xmas short