On Monday, federal prosecutors recommended that Survivor champ Richard Hatch go to jail, the Associated Press reports. The reality star, who was convicted in 2006 of not paying taxes on his winnings from the show, is currently in violation of his supervised release, having not filed amended returns for 2000 and 2001. Hatch served a three-year prison sentence until 2009; he still owes $1.7 million in back taxes. The reality star claims he has not refiled due to a pending appeal with the U.S. Tax Court. Hatch’s lawyer could not be reached for contact.
Richard Hatch should go to jail, says prosecutors
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer Yes/No/Can't Say (or more) to your Twitter Q's
- 'SNL' lights up Sia's 'Chandelier,' more of the week's best music on TV
- 'Amazing Race' recap: 'I Feel Like I Just Kissed a Goat'
- 'Showrunners' documentary: Insights from Kurt Sutter, Hart Hanson, Mike Kelley
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
Top 5 Most Read
- NBC to cancel 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' with zombie twist
- Ryan Murphy on the different seasons of 'American Horror Story': 'They're all connected'
- The Hot Seat: 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning questions
- How 'The Big Bang Theory' scored Billy Bob Thornton for a surprise guest spot
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist' and more