On Monday, federal prosecutors recommended that Survivor champ Richard Hatch go to jail, the Associated Press reports. The reality star, who was convicted in 2006 of not paying taxes on his winnings from the show, is currently in violation of his supervised release, having not filed amended returns for 2000 and 2001. Hatch served a three-year prison sentence until 2009; he still owes $1.7 million in back taxes. The reality star claims he has not refiled due to a pending appeal with the U.S. Tax Court. Hatch’s lawyer could not be reached for contact.
Richard Hatch should go to jail, says prosecutors
- 'Flash': First look at full-body costume
- Justin Bieber: 'Ordinary People' dance with Selena?
- President Obama goes 'Between Two Ferns'
- SXSW Music 2014: 20 on the verge
- 'Bachelor' finale recap: Bait and ditch
- 'Bachelorette': It's Andi Dorfman
- Daft Punk + Jay Z: What is this mystery track?
- Beverly Hills 'Housewives' recap: 'Hollywood' pals
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Bachelor' season finale recap: Bait and Ditch
- Andi Dorfman is the new 'Bachelorette'
- This Week's Cover: Angelina Jolie is 'Maleficent'! An exclusive in-depth interview
- 'True Detective' season finale: What happened? -- SPOILERS
- President Obama visits 'Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis' -- VIDEO