Ashraf Azad, the 28-year-old brother of 22-year-old Harry Potter actress Afshan Azad, has checked into jail for six months for assaulting his sister last May, according to Reuters. In December, Ashraf pleaded guilty to charges of assault, stemming from the incident at their home in Longsight Manchester, where he attacked Afshan for dating a non-Muslim. Afshan — who played Padma Patil in the films — had requested that the court not send Ashraf to jail. “The persistent attack was accompanied by serious and very hurtful abuse and threats,” Judge Roger Thomas said during the sentencing. “The background to this offense lies in the concern that you, and perhaps other family members, had about Afshan’s relationship with a young man who was not of the Islamic faith.”
Brother of 'Harry Potter' actress jailed for six months
- 'Manhattan Love Story' is first fall show to be canceled
- 'Constantine' series premiere; 'Amazing Race'; more TV recaps
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- ’Supernatural,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Newsroom,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Once Upon a Time': Lana Parrilla and Jennifer Morrison preview SwanQueen episode
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'