Actor David Nelson, the last remaining member of the Nelson TV family that made up the hit show, The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet, died of colon cancer complications Tuesday in Los Angeles, according to the Associated Press. He was 74. Ozzie & Harriet ran on television for 15 years, beginning in 1952; Nelson co-starred with his parents and brother, Rick, and ultimately directed several episodes. He appeared in such movies as Peyton Place, The Remarkable Mr. Pennypacker, and 1990′s Cry-Baby. He is survived by his wife, Yvonne, five children, and seven grandchildren.
Jan 12 2011 09:18 AM ET
David Nelson of 'Ozzie and Harriet' dies
- 'DWTS': Kellie and Derek win season 16
- Kellie Pickler: 'I want to hug this room'
- 'DWTS' finale ratings dive in 18-49 demo
- 'Voice' song for tornado victims: Watch
- Blake Shelton, NBC plan telethon for Okla.
- Bono, Olivia Wilde join 'toilet strike'
- 'Criminal Minds' season finale peek
- Critics Choice noms for 'Big Bang,' 'Horror'