US Weekly‘s report that Sir Elton and his partner, David Furnish, welcomed a baby boy on Dec. 25. Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John was born via surrogate in California, weighing 7 lbs. 15 ozs. and measuring 22 inches long. The birth comes a year after John and Furnish attempted to adopt a young Ukrainian boy but were denied by that country’s government. The pair were joined in a civil partnership ceremony in England in 2005. Together they produced the upcoming animated film Gnomeo & Juliet, which will be released on Feb. 11.Nearly four decades ago, Elton John sang about a man who “was born a pauper to a pawn on a Christmas Day” in his classic hit “Levon.” That song has now proved prophetic: EW has confirmed
Elton John and David Furnish welcome baby boy
- 'SNL' preview: Third time's the charm for Jim Carrey?
- 'Doctor Who'; 'Amazing Race'; 'Constantine'; more TV recaps
- Kids and coots: Movies' unlikeliest buddies?
- Bill Murray: 11 personas he's perfected
- 37 'sexy' Halloween costumes?
- 'Blacklist' cues up Cloud Cult, more of the week's best music on TV
- Regina Spektor's 'Love Me or Leave Me' from 'Boardwalk Empire': Hear it
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending